Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: should i buy a clean roller?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
I was just thinking about my car, and all the extra parts I have.

1.7 engine
4 lug brakes
Mahle alloys
steering wheel

and it occured to me that all i would need is a shell with a windsheild and lights to make a stripped down 1.7L autocross car. smile.gif

I'm not shopping right now, but it is a fun thought.
MattR
Its an addiction

like crack

but more expensive

welcome wacko.gif

biggrin.gif
McMark
My rule of thumb is that if all your cars are running fine, buy one that isn't. wink.gif

But seriously, dedicated AX cars start to suck $ fast. ohmy.gif But on the other hand, it's nice to beat on a spare car rather than a nice one.
hmeeder
Brer;

I would also take a look at the rules to figure out what mods you do to your car will effect your classification. If you do much to the car, yoiu can easily land in a class where your 1.7 will be non-competitive. Then again, if you decide to stay in the stock classes (unless you decide to drive a concours correct car, your 1.7 would land you in AS class) you may find that there are very few people driving in that class. I drove AS for 2 years and this last year and the competition was very light. Come down to the "Q" on Sunday (screw that Super Bowl bullshit) and check out your options.

Do your homework before you spend the money, only to find it wasn't what you really wanted. My $.02
PCA Zone 8 Rules
Joe Ricard
Yea what Herb said.
Then when you finally get competative and start feeling good about it. some Jack Ass will change the rules on you.
The Red Neck racer is becoming more and more beastly the longer I Autocross it.

Rules are not ment for the older cars anyway. SCCA SM-2 is no longer a good place for the 914. 2100 lbs is pretty hefty on a type 4 motor. Only option is to Turbo the thing and $$$$ just starts falling out your pockets.

I got a 70 tub that I can make a roller out of But .... You are far from here.

markb
Finish the first one before you start a second or you'll never get either of them done. BTDT.
Howard
What kind of idiot would want more than one 914?
dinomium
QUOTE (markb @ Jan 30 2006, 11:11 AM)
Finish the first one before you start a second or you'll never get either of them done. BTDT.

where were you with your sage like advice two years ago???
biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 30 2006, 12:34 PM)

HEY...I REPRESENT THAT REMARK!!!!!!

The answer is...

One who is married to a female 914 addict.......... wub.gif

markb
QUOTE (dinomium @ Jan 30 2006, 11:47 AM)
QUOTE (markb @ Jan 30 2006, 11:11 AM)

where were you with your sage like advice two years ago???
biggrin.gif

Busy trying to build 2 914's. biggrin.gif

And a 73 Bus.....and a 64 Mercedes......and....... dry.gif
JoeSharp
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 30 2006, 11:34 AM)

Those whom keep up with thier MEDS.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
brer
biggrin.gif

you guys are funny.
Good thing i dont have time to pursue these flights of fancy i get here and there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.