Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 is "retro" car of the week
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michel richard
The paper publishes an automobile supplement each Monday, and it usually contains a short article on an old car model. This week, the featured car is our beloved 914. The article is fairly balanced, noting the "boxy" styling but also the tight handling and the fun performance of the 2 liter four. It also mentions the victory of our very own Jacques Duval at Daytona in 1971.

Hope the pdf file loads correctly !

blitZ
What? Are these people speaking another language or something?
michel richard
Well, I guess you need to save the file to your pc and then view it with Acrobat. It's quite readable, if you read French, of course.

michel richard
QUOTE (blitZ @ Jan 30 2006, 06:14 AM)
What? Are these people speaking another language or something?

Yeah it's French, and it's really hard, because it's like they have a different word for everything ! ( To paraphrase the great Steve Martin )

LOL

rick 918-S
QUOTE (michel richard @ Jan 30 2006, 06:16 AM)
QUOTE (blitZ @ Jan 30 2006, 06:14 AM)
What?  Are these people speaking another language or something?

Yeah it's French, and it's really hard, because it's like they have a different word for everything ! ( To paraphrase the great Steve Martin )

LOL

av-943.gif
Howard
agree.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

OK, Michel. Now translate it into German so Andy can tell us what it says wacko.gif
michel richard
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 30 2006, 07:56 AM)
agree.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

OK, Michel. Now translate it into German so Andy can tell us what it says wacko.gif

Well, I believe that he title translates into: "Der andere Porsche". idea.gif
tat2dphreak
I can see the specs for a -6, but a picture of a -4

beyond that, I dunno wtf this thing says... since it's french I have to assume they hate itso I un-plug my nose at them and fart in their general direction
SLITS
Hell, my machine rejects the frog language and downloads it in machine language.....and rightfully so............. flag.gif
Allan
I get some program coding as well...
Howard
right click, save as xx.pdf then open with adobe. still in French biggrin.gif
michel richard
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jan 30 2006, 11:33 AM)
beyond that, I dunno wtf this thing says... since it's french I have to assume they hate itso I un-plug my nose at them and fart in their general direction

It's Canadian. The language is French, but Montreal is in Canada. And the author kinda likes it.

And yes, the specs are for the /6.

The last little bit of the text in the third column says:

"If the 4 cylinder takes care of its own, it still has to bow before the marvellous 6 cylinder engine sourced directly from the 1969 911T and which powers the 914-6 from 1970. With the same displacement of 2 liters as its 4 cylinder cousin, the Porsche 6 cylinder distances itself from Volkswagen and gives the 914 a clearly more agressive caracter"

And if you fart in their general direction, you must know the average air speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Michel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.