Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: selling parts... yer opinion please?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeroen
ok... about 5 weeks ago, a guy drops by looking for parts
he bought for about $200
one of the parts he got was the heater blower (the one in the engine compartment)
since I wasn't sure it was working ok, I told him he could get it back to me within a month if it turned out not to be working...

he only has $100 cash in his pocket, so he promisses to transfer the other $100 to my bank account (before you ask, nobody uses checks here anymore wink.gif)

two weeks ago, I send him an e-mail, when he was planning to transfer the $100 he still owned me...

he answers he's paying his bills early next week and that's when he'll pay me too

so far still no money... I'm starting to get pissed... mad.gif

today, I get an e-mail from him...
he got his old heaterblower going again, and now he wants to return the one he got from me

the deal was he could return it if it wasn't working... not if he decided he didn't want it
also, the "return policy" was one month (so it ended last week)

so... what do you think?
should I take back the heaterblower?
(even if he returns it, he still owes me $30)

This is money and parts I don't really need to worry about, but this guy just broke every promise he made...
And that really pisses me off mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
rhodyguy
what else did he buy? look at it this way, if you got $100 for an operational engine aux fan, you did pretty f-in good. if the other stuff was just bits and ends that you really had no interest in, so what? do you think the guy is going to back for more parts? dunno, your call.

k
alpha434
Well. Take it back. But make it pretty clear that you're very unhappy with how it worked out. If he ever needs anything else, then only take cash up front and inforce the not working return policy.
SLITS
Ron would take it back if the $30 owing was paid and the part shipped back at his cost....

Slits wouldn't.............period! A deal was a deal.
boxstr
Jeroen, Here at CAMP 914 we always put the customer first. In your case where you are selling only a few parts here and there, I would say no.
The buyer did not follow through on his payment and did not return the part in a timely manner, and is wanting to return it only becasue he was unable to figure out who to diagnose his heater blower motor problem in the first place.
CCLINGIVEEMTHEPICKLE
rhodyguy
if you were positive your fan worked, and you're going to give him his money back, double check that the fan he is returning works. another option is, take back all the parts, give him all of his money back, and say see ya.

k
r_towle
you dont have to be happy, but I would say give him his money back.

I had a similar deal..just give him his money back, and go on with life.

I would also say, dont sell to him again.

Rich

rick 918-S
Make an appointment to meet with him. Be nice, and take back the blower, but make it clear you would also like the balance of the money at the meeting. Be sure he commits to the terms of your meeting. Get your money, and sell the blower to someone else.
markb
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 30 2006, 09:47 AM)
Make an appointment to meet with him. Be nice, and take back the blower, but make it clear you would also like the balance of the money at the meeting. Be sure he commits to the terms of your meeting. Get your money, and sell the blower to someone else.

agree.gif
racerx7
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 30 2006, 09:47 AM)

I agree with him. At least your going to get your part back you do not have to hunt
him down.

What other choice do you really have? It is not like your going to beat him up:)
Two people would get hurt, you would go to jail for $100 used part.

What the other guy did was not cool. I am still waiting for one check to come
in the mail for some books I placed on hold for someone.

bd1308
find out where he lives and follow him in a black van on his way to work. Then post a picture of the heater fan on his car and then put a jelly filled doughnut in his mailbox.

b
Eric_Shea
Just take it back and move on... it's not worth the anger. Make sure you get your $30 clams and make sure he pays shipping. I would be more like Ron and not SLITS... let him know, then let it go.
Jeroen
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 30 2006, 06:19 PM)
if you got $100 for an operational engine aux fan, you did pretty f-in good

I sold him the fan for 70
And yes, prices are a bit different over here...
He actually got a good deal, cause it looked brand spanking new

I'm not gonna sweat the stoopid part or money, but people like this just rub me the wrong way...

I thought I was more than reasonable to let him take the parts without seeing the money and giving him a waranty

But, I'll be even more reasonable and take the blower back...
Next time the cheap bast@rd comes asking for parts I'll tell him to go to www.mittelmotor.de happy11.gif

Thanks for lettin' me vent wink.gif
Mikey914
"Carma" is a bitch. Treat him the way you would want to be treated. But next time he needs parts, cash up front and add 25% to what you'ld sell normally want to sell it for, if you even sell it to him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.