Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One more question...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
My dash lights are not working, i check the fuses and i'm missing one, but when i moved another fuse to check, they still did not come on. From left to right, there are 12 fuses, it is the 7th one missing and the cover is hard to read, should this be the fuse that controls the lights? if not, what does that fuse do? i would have a hard time believing that ALL of the dash lights burnt out... any thoughts? confused24.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Make sure the switch is turned all the way to the right. Could be a bad reostat on the switch. common problem. 7th fuse from the left is the license plate light.
biosurfer1
is there any way to fix the switch, or do i have to replace?
TheCabinetmaker
Could possibly be repaired, if you could find the proper reostat. Probably better to replace it if that's the problem. Usually you just loose the dimmer aspect of the dash lights. They're not that bright anyway.
biosurfer1
thanks a lot curt...been a big help (although i will say i'm a bit scared of your member number happy11.gif )
TheCabinetmaker
me too!
biosurfer1
now if someone could just tell me why the headlight switch is $345 at pelican parts?!?! ebay, here i come:)
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Aug 31 2003, 08:30 PM)
me too!

Hey Curt,

Maybe you should have this tag instead of me unsure.gif
Dave_Darling
Fuse 7 is for the instrument lights. It also powers the engine bay/rear trunk light, and the license plate lights. I'm betting you have a short in that circuit somewhere (even odds it's one or both license plate lights being plugged in backwards) and that the fuse you swapped in to test #7 is also popped now.

There are two connections on the license plate lights. The ground one should get a brown wire. The ground connection should have connectivity to the mounting screws, and the power one should not.

--DD
biosurfer1
actually, when i switched the fuse, it didnt pop. tomorrow, i'll have more time to go over things and figure it out. i'll check the license plate lights first, there is definatly something going on cause i tried everything and cant get the stupid lights to go on:(
Andyrew
You might have to just take the license plate lights out and clean the heck out of them.. the connections everything.. I dont think mine came on, and I checked my connections and I cleaned them (I doubt they would show even if they where on.. they where very dirty/corroded)

You need to take some pics of your car.. Do you not have a digital? I will be home all day tomorrow working on my car, we could take some pics.. If your free email me or PM me..

Andrew
biosurfer1
i'll be taking some pics tomorrow, i wanted to make her all purrty before i showed her off, i'll post tomorrow night...
URY914
I have the light switch and an ingition switch out of my car if you need them. $30 for both-trying to get rid of this stuff.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.