Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts value of a perfect dash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
What would you put as a value on a perfect dash, no cracks, no holes, no broken mounting bolts complete with nylon & metal nuts? idea.gif
olav
two fifty
SirAndy
QUOTE (olav @ Jan 30 2006, 02:28 PM)
two fifty

well, that would be a bargin ... wink.gif

you can still get them brand new in the box, btw. ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 30 2006, 02:29 PM)
two fifty

cool_shades.gif Andy

Where? looked on pelican but they are listed NLA
tat2dphreak
I bought a damn-near perfect dash, one small slit that can't be seen by anyone once the gauges are installed for $100... not a re-covered dash... original.

I might had been willing to pay a little more who knows... I wouldn't pay more than what it would cost for a dr. evil recover though...
736conver
A bargin?? That would be a steal.

I say $400-450 at the least

736conver
Call any Porsche dealer. I dont think there are any in the states right now but there are a limited number over the pond. Last I check I thought it was about 30
SirAndy
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Jan 30 2006, 02:31 PM)

a german company. you might have heard of them. they're called "Porsche" ...

cool_shades.gif Andy
JWest
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jan 30 2006, 05:31 PM)
I bought a damn-near perfect dash, one small slit that can't be seen by anyone once the gauges are installed for $100... not a re-covered dash... original.

You got a special deal - I know it is worth more.... wink.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (736conver @ Jan 30 2006, 03:31 PM)

for a used uncracked dash?

how long till it cracks in the sun? months? a year?

why pay 90% of new for a used dash.... Just MHO....

i agree, i wouldnt pay more than a recover....
olav
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 30 2006, 02:29 PM)
two fifty

cool_shades.gif Andy

that's how much I paid for mine.
Rand
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 30 2006, 03:31 PM)
A bargin??  That would be a steal.

Ding! Exactly what I was thinking. I wouldn't pay high dollars for an old item that will crack sooner that I want it to when it's cheaper to have it redone with new material. Then again, my car will never see the concourse.
736conver

I was thinking it was new. If its used its most likely already saggin in the middle of the gauge console spot, even if it is perfect in the other ways.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (James Adams @ Jan 30 2006, 06:27 PM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jan 30 2006, 05:31 PM)
I bought a damn-near perfect dash, one small slit that can't be seen by anyone once the gauges are installed for $100... not  a re-covered dash... original.

You got a special deal - I know it is worth more.... wink.gif

well, that's true... smile.gif I know it was a screaming deal, and no one was re-covering at the time either... double special! beerchug.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 30 2006, 03:31 PM)
A bargin??  That would be a steal.

But if you want that concourse factory look then a recover is not it, right. I seen pictures of what Dr Evil work was and it is very nice, but does not look "factory' for concourse types. Anyway just a wondering, my car is far from concourse, thanks for your thoughts guys.

QUOTE (itsa914 @ Jan 30 2006, 02:31 PM)

a german company. you might have heard of them. they're called "Porsche" ...

Andy

Never heard of them, do they sell cars wink.gif
Part Pricer

They are still available from P-P-P-Porsche. Stoddard shows a price of $462.41 new. But they are out of stock.

http://stoddard.com/shop/shopsearch.asp?se...ord=91455203112

736conver
They are still available from P-P-P-Porsche. Stoddard shows a price of $462.41 new. But they are out of stock.
They say they are out of stock but just call and they will get it shipped from the homeland. It takes about 3 to 4 weeks. Like I said in a previous post there wasnt too many left when i called. Might be the last of them unless they make more. dry.gif
J P Stein
OK, who wants to buy mine?.....no cracks or wanna be cracks
Garage parked all it's life....near as I can tell....the effin' sun never shines up here nowhow.
Allan
If yer going concours then spend the money but I've seen Jim Hoylands dash cap and it looks bitchin.

$69.00...
J P Stein
Bitchen'......bitchen' you say?
Nobody says that any more cept old guys like me biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
yea, no shit for $400, give me your crap dash and I'll have it recoverd and still make some dough...
Porsche Rescue
He JP, you notice that bell bottoms from the 70's are back? So is "bitchin" from the 60's. Who knows, maybe saddle shoes from the 50's are next. Live long enough, you see it all again!
craig downs
I got my crack free dash off of ebay for 300.00 and have it in my closet until I finish my car. But I am also afraid of
it cracking so I got a Dr. Evil redash for it. I'll save the other for something special.
r_towle
I have a nice clean wicked friggin bitchin dash... (east coast version)

Anyone want it?

Rich
914Sixer
I have a brand new one in the closet that has never seen the Texas sun. I might use it or save it for something special. The last price I saw was in the $575-$600 range. At any rate I have one coming from Alberto for my 6 clone.
Jeffs9146
I paid $400 for a brand new one in the factory box. I put it in James Adams car! mueba.gif Lucky Guy beerchug.gif

Jeff
Allan
This is a pretty groovy thread. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jan 31 2006, 11:07 AM)
This is a pretty groovy thread. biggrin.gif

dude, you crack me up ... biggrin.gif
brant
Andy,

remember the green roller shell in san fran that you did the PPI on for me?

It had an uncracked perfect dash...

got it to colorado and within 2 months it was cracked.
(too dry of a climate out here)

but my point is that used dashes can soon crack.

brant
a914luvr
I had checked with our contact at Porsche a couple of weeks ago and he said there weren't any in the US. The only way to get a new one would be to get lucky and find someone who has one on the shelf, or have us or someone else order one from Germany. I don't know about the other companies, but Porsche charges us a 10% shipping surcharge to bring parts in from Germany. If you can get Stoddard to sell you one for under $500, that's a great deal. A good used one is worth between $100 - $200 to me, because I know it's on borrowed time and it's prolly sagging over the gauge panel. Oh and BTW, I happen to have a NOS dash for sale for $450 biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.