Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JOHN LOWE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
thinking about buying a 914 previously owned by him/you. wavey.gif

had some questions................

sixnotfour
wich car the white 914-4 ?
He doesnt hang with the 914 guys anymore.
pm sent
TROJANMAN
yes. the white 914-4. do you know anything about the car?
Brett W
That car was local to me and I worked with him at the track once. It is a stock 2.0 engine with a K&N filter. Oil cooler mounted on the engine lid (ick). He was running Hawk pads and nice fuid, can't remember if he had braided lines. Was running Konis all the way around with big front t-bars and sway bars. 220lb springs in the rear (I think). He had an Autopower bolt in cage, harnesses and maybe a Konig seat. Otherwise it was a clean stock race car.

How are you going to end up with it. It was for sale a little while ago, but don't remember what happened. Jon got into model airplanes and quit playing with cars.
sixnotfour
It was missing one lug nut on every wheel and was down 2 cylinders laugh.gif
From last June:
"I still have the 914/6 roller, and a 914/4 Club Racer ready to go if anyone you know might be interested. Jon Lowe "
TROJANMAN
current owner says john had the engine rebuilt. was curious about the spec on the engine. it looks like it's a 4 lug car still.
michel richard
I bought the 914/6 roller and a lot of his remaining parts. Another guy was coming to get the GT a few days after me.

J P Stein
QUOTE (michel richard @ Jan 30 2006, 07:17 PM)
I bought the 914/6 roller and a lot of his remaining parts. Another guy was coming to get the GT a few days after me.

Hay, I know that "guy"......
Brett W
Boy that roller was rough if I remember right? How is it coming?

Anyone know what happened to the Firehawk 944?
michel richard
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jan 30 2006, 07:31 PM)
QUOTE (michel richard @ Jan 30 2006, 07:17 PM)
I bought the 914/6 roller and a lot of his remaining parts.  Another guy was coming to get the GT a few days after me.

Hay, I know that "guy"......

Did you buy the GT, JP ?
I remember it was someone from the North West.

M
michel richard
QUOTE (Brett W @ Jan 30 2006, 09:27 PM)
Boy that roller was rough if I remember right? How is it coming?

Anyone know what happened to the Firehawk 944?

See the thread in my signature below. It's at the paint shop now. The shell was a little rough, but mostly rust-free and Jon was selling with a huge collection of parts. And it was cheap.
M
J P Stein
QUOTE (michel richard @ Jan 31 2006, 04:05 AM)

Did you buy the GT, JP ?
I remember it was someone from the North West.

M

Not me. I gots problems enuff with one project. biggrin.gif
don9146
I test-drove the car while John still had it in Huntsville (he's only about an hour south of Nashville). The engine had just been rebuilt and ran great. I believe he had all of the receipts for the work he had done as well as the parts he bought for all of the work he did himself. There was also a large collection of spares to go with the car (be sure to ask about them from the current owner).
I would have bought the car, but my plant is currently in the middle of layoffs (we are a major supplier to Ford) and I was worried about spending money I may need in the not too distant future. Good luck with the purchase.

Later,
Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.