Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rustoration progress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore4
Finally getting some progress with my can of worms. The PO had a poorly installed bolt in roll bar at one time. This crushed the bottom of the long bringing the drain hole to high ground. Once I started digging everything from the suspension console to past the jack post was shot. Here's where I'm at:

Wonder if Mr Mouse drilled any corners with me?
nomore4
here's what I ended up removing
nomore4
cut 2 peices to match each other and the contour of the bottom edge of the inner long
nomore4
welded those together
nomore4
and now need to cut a peice to fill the side area. so far so good.

joe
Aaron Cox
augh.... that looks like an ugly job to have to do sad.gif
ChrisReale
way to go! I give you props for taking the time to do a job like this smilie_pokal.gif
nomore4
I hope to finish this year confused24.gif
Brad Roberts
Good job. clap56.gif It looks like your on the right track.

B
ChrisFoley
I never saw the inner gone with the outer still good.
Good work!
nomore4
Thanks for the encouragement guy's. It's been awhile since my last rust repairs and they were more a learning experience than good result's.

Great group with lot's of valuable info. Locally I'm surrounded by hackers but here there's hope. I thought the people I bought this car from had a clue laugh.gif They worked on all exotics and had their cars featured in Excellence. They suck finger.gif I'm glad I bought a 5,000 car from them and not one with more 0,000's on the price.

joe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.