Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 915 transaxle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
goose2
I recently scored a load of '80 SC parts....have a good 915 tranny I'd like to turn into cash or trade for something I need. I thought I'd list it on Pelican if nobody here wants it. What are these going for? I'll write up an ad, take some pics and post it in the classifieds when I get some spare time laugh.gif
nocones
I see 915 go for between $1400 and $3000

Did you get any front struts to with that lot you'd like to sell?
goose2
no struts, sorry....mostly 911 stuff with no 914 application. eg: oil tank, instruments, air cond condensor, oil cooler, HE's, clutch/flywheel.
bondo
QUOTE (goose2 @ Jan 31 2006, 11:09 AM)
no struts, sorry....mostly 911 stuff with no 914 application. eg: oil tank, instruments, air cond condensor, oil cooler, HE's, clutch/flywheel.

How big is the condenser? Does it include the expansion valve? I need to find a compact unit to make my custom AC setup.
goose2
probably too big Royce.....it fits on the rear hatch of a 911. I'll measure if you're interested.
Cap'n Krusty
An 80 915 is the likely to be "unimproved" model, and is subject to 2nd gear grenading. If it's had the updates and the differential housing repaired where the bearings "walk around", then it's worth pretty good money. If not, it's a core, worth maybe $3-400. I would NEVER install one that hadn't had that stuff done, 'cause it's an expensive tragedy waiting to happen. The Cap'n
bondo
QUOTE (goose2 @ Jan 31 2006, 11:19 AM)
probably too big Royce.....it fits on the rear hatch of a 911. I'll measure if you're interested.

Doh, I got it mixed up again.. I need an evaporater. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.