Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumpers show me your bumpers girls
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Oliver
My bumpers are crap want to replace of fix? any help would be nice.
KMA.gif
alpha434
Early bumpers are crazy expensive. Late bumpers are cheep, but they look terrible and weigh a ton. The last option is get a fiberglass racing bumper in about any style you could imagine. For a reasonable price. And a wieght reduction. Do that.
ClayPerrine
You can find an old school chrome plater. He would be able to rework the bumpers and rechrome them. I had mine done and they look great, but the guy that did them has passed on. He was real old school.

Allan
I don't have a front pic but mine has fiberglass.

blitZ
You can always paint your bumpers, unless you prefer chrome. I like the matching body colored bumpers.
Toast
Here's a beautiful chrome bumper off a 73.

BOOBIES!
Toast
And an ass shot. bootyshake.gif
Toast
Here's what an early style chrome bumper looks like.
szuccaro
Had mine re-chromed a few times now, but dont think I have that option anymore.
balljoint
Body colour bumpers. Only pic on harddrive at the moment, so please disregard the wheels. smile.gif
Rand
I like body-color bumpers. I'm bumperless right now because I took the heavy-pigs off my '75 and tried to give them to Craig. I still have the front, and will pay anyone $5 to come and take it away. biggrin.gif

I'm putting an early metal rear on (Thanks to John Kelly who gave me one!!!).

I'm looking for a good deal on a fiberglass front. I would love one like pictured below (photo from a recent thread here), but just a stock shaped one-piece would be great.

user posted image
Rand
Fiberwerks makes a nice front. Also sold by Renegade.

user posted image
Rand
Getty Design is one of the most respected brands out there because they are very well made and fit nicely. Some others take a lot of work to get them to fit right.

olav
Here's mine. An early one.

Kargeek
How about a early front bumper with factory headlight washers? Not many of these 'cept in europe where required by law. DH
johannes
in europe where required by law

I live in Europe and never had a car with headlight washers ... must be on another planet jsharp.gif
Kargeek
[QUOTE]I live in Europe and never had a car with headlight washers ... must be on another planet

Well, it was 20 years ago I sourced the bumper top and nozzles...My factory parts guide book lists the parts as such....I even have a set for late style bumpers.
pete-stevers
I would go with glass bumbers again...
i got mine from GT....
required a bit of fitting though
Howard
QUOTE (Rand @ Jan 31 2006, 01:26 PM)
Getty Design is one of the most respected brands out there because they are very well made and fit nicely. Some others take a lot of work to get them to fit right.

agree.gif Very nicely made, fits perfectly, really light. Crash protection? Try not to hit anyone biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
i had chrome, but swapped to "sleeper black"
user posted image

SLITS
**GASP** Aaron, you have a picture of when your car almost ran? **GASP**
Aaron Cox
it moved....

(under man power)
user posted image
Marv's3.6six
Heres mine b 4 GT project, Glass bumpers! all the way.
tommy914
Chrome is the way to go..
You can't do this with fiberglass...
Rand
Marv, is that a Getty? Just wondering because the air cooler area looks like it but I didn't see one without fog light holes in their catalog. Looks great.
tommy914
biggrin.gif
BGman
75 w/ early bumpers transplanted and painted to match.

boxstr
Concours triple plating. And the holes are missing.
CCLIN$$$$$$
boxstr
Rear one....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.