Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay find, can he sell this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrdezyne
Found this 914 on Ebay, the slant fenders caught my eye. The car needs some help but could be brought back to life. My question is can this guy sell this car legally? Story goes its his ex-roomates who moved out in a hurry still owing money, left the car and now this guy want to sell it without any paper work..... Sounds like a nightmare.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-porsch...1QQcmdZViewItem

bd1308
thats never good....

Ask him where do send your Nigerian Cashiers Cheque

b
Mueller
legally he needs to get a lien on it and get it registered in his name.......even then the ex-roomate can lie and cause grief down the road...
G e o r g e
i e-mailed him, he has no right to sell it. you would never get the title transfered. thats why its a relist the last buyer probably back out after finding out about the lack of paper work.

George
Mueller
QUOTE (maddeye @ Jan 31 2006, 01:04 PM)
i e-mailed him, he has no right to sell it. you would never get the title transfered. thats why its a relist the last buyer probably back out after finding out about the lack of paper work.

George

right now, not legal, but it can be done...just a PITA and not worth it for what looks to be a POS
mrdezyne
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jan 31 2006, 12:06 PM)
right now, not legal, but it can be done...just a PITA and not worth it for what looks to be a POS

agree.gif
SLITS
In the lien sale process, you must go to the DMV for a printout of the title owners (assuming the car is still in the computers). You must send a registered letter to each of them with the DMV form notifying them of intent to hold a lien sale. They, in turn, must protest the lien sale by sending the paperwork back if they choose to do so within 10 days afair. If no one protests, the lien sale will be held 31 days after filing the paperwork. After that point the last "owner" has no legal grounds to protest. Oh, the "Notice of Lien Sale" is sent to the last known address in the DMV Computer.
bondo
Snow in Santa Maria?
Toast
What a rust bucket. sad.gif

I hope he gets the same amount as what the person owes him.
wertygrog
i like the fenders though.....looks more balanced than most slant noses....

it has a 2.0 badge on back..

brent
SLITS
QUOTE (wertygrog @ Jan 31 2006, 02:01 PM)
i like the fenders though.....looks more balanced than most slant noses....

it has a 2.0 badge on back..

brent

The engine is a 1.7
DBCooper
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 31 2006, 12:41 PM)
In the lien sale process, you must go to the DMV for a printout of the title owners (assuming the car is still in the computers). You must send a registered letter to each of them with the DMV form notifying them of intent to hold a lien sale. They, in turn, must protest the lien sale by sending the paperwork back if they choose to do so within 10 days afair. If no one protests, the lien sale will be held 31 days after filing the paperwork. After that point the last "owner" has no legal grounds to protest. Oh, the "Notice of Lien Sale" is sent to the last known address in the DMV Computer.

Isn't that exaclty the process that ended up causing problems with number 4?
markb
I've emailed him advising of the lein sale requierment. I also told him I'm local and would like to look at the car. The snow in a couple of those pics leads to belive it's not here in Santa Maria. We'll see what happens. confused24.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (Paul Illick @ Jan 31 2006, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 31 2006, 12:41 PM)
In the lien sale process, you must go to the DMV for a printout of the title owners (assuming the car is still in the computers).  You must send a registered letter to each of them with the DMV form notifying them of intent to hold a lien sale.  They, in turn, must protest the lien sale by sending the paperwork back if they choose to do so within 10 days afair.  If no one protests, the lien sale will be held 31 days after filing the paperwork.  After that point the last "owner" has no legal grounds to protest.  Oh, the "Notice of Lien Sale" is sent to the last known address in the DMV Computer.

that process is what I had to do to my 914....

my uncle owned it before I did and completly molested the car.

its better now, sort of.

b
SLITS
QUOTE (Paul Illick @ Jan 31 2006, 02:35 PM)

Yes, but there was no legal owner of record on #4...it was never registered in the US or Germany and, as I understand it, the "legal owner" had filed a lien sale also, based on the bill of sale from the storage company that sold the contents of the unit and when it disappeared, reported it stolen.

He prolly wouldn't have found it if it had not been splashed prior to the WCC04 and the Excellence article written.

Note to San Mateo Police.......the above is pure speculation as the result of hearsay, reading posts on various forums and intuitive thinking.
anthony
It's got a 2.0L appearance group console as well. I bet it was a '73 2.0L. What a sad fate for that car.
SLITS
QUOTE (markb @ Jan 31 2006, 02:58 PM)
I've emailed him advising of the lein sale requierment. I also told him I'm local and would like to look at the car. The snow in a couple of those pics leads to belive it's not here in Santa Maria. We'll see what happens. confused24.gif

Well.....any answers?
markb
No contact yet. He probably "doesn't want to know".
alpha434
I don't know about california, But around these parts, we don't have to register dedicated race cars. And a POS is easier to make into a racer than a streetable car...
boxstr
These flat nose 914s seem to be coming out of the woods....heres one at CAMP
BKLA
Wasn't that white one for sale in Eugene a few months ago? poke.gif
Rand
He says it's a 72 with a 1.7 or 1.8, but it's got a 73 vin number and a 2.0 badge and center console... I dunno what he's got. screwy.gif
reddog
I saw the car Tuesday...The picture with the snow was taken near the grapevine in Fraiser Park... the car is now at his dad's house in SM...It has a 1.7 or maybe a 1.8...These are nice people DMV issues notwithstanding...Rust issues... trunk small hole left rear...hell hole, dosen't scare me... Hole in rocker panel at the front, and left hand jack point, front trunk looks good except rat shit pine needles and ramdon body parts "just kidding"...the slant nose was cut and folded over, and never welded, just bondo filled! the fenders seem good but the left rear was bondo. My first post, so hello
Rand
Hey reddog, welcome! Thanks for posting.

Interesting deal, has me curious... What do you make of the little mysteries about the 2.0 features and the actual year?
Cap'n Krusty
His father bought a car that I sold and the guy turned. Good people. Hope he doesn't get himself in a bind with the DMV. The Cap'n
marks914
With an email like a420bb69@aol.com and 0 feedback, its nit worth thr risk anyway.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.