Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rennshift
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
Is there any noticable differences between the 2nd gen and later modle rennshifters....
i have an option to buy a 2nd gen shifter...or should i hold out for a new one?
JWest
In the pivot, not a lot of difference in the feel (the newer is a little more positively located, but not enough to matter much when compared to the stock junk).

The new version allows you to change between 20 and 33% throw reduction, and has both manual and automatic reverse lockouts. You can also adjust the stick position side-to-side with the newer model.

If none of the ancillaries matter much to you, then go with the older version.
Aaron Cox
ive driven and installed both....

to me? it alll about the 33% old style....

Kerrys914
I have the old Skool gen 1 shifter. Do you have a polished stick for sale/swap/?

Cheers
pete-stevers
does the early modle have manual lockout? or atomatic lockout?
what percentage throw does the early one have?
Kerrys914
The gen 1 shifters;
- You selected your throw reduction when you ordered it.
- You bought a reverse lockout kit and added it (I guess that would be an auto lock out)
- Stiffer springes were offered to help with shifting ( I run stiffer springs on the R-1 plane.

Best upgrade to my 914 (no counting the SIX).

JWest
QUOTE (Kerrys914 @ Feb 1 2006, 07:52 PM)
The gen 1 shifters;
- You selected your throw reduction when you ordered it.
- You bought a reverse lockout kit and added it (I guess that would be an auto lock out)
- Stiffer springes were offered to help with shifting ( I run stiffer springs on the R-1 plane.

Best upgrade to my 914 (no counting the SIX).

Correct.

0% (I sold less than 10 of them), 20% or 33%. It was hard decision for many people and it was split on people that like one over the other.

Yes, it was auto lockout.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.