Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tie Rod Installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChicagoChris
I am installing the turbo tie rods and want to make the attempt at doing it right. So I am looking for someone who has the install wrench and would lend it to me. Or someone with the tool who wants to help help me do it. biggrin.gif

Joe Ricard
Sorry but will you email me the full size pic of your Avatar?
Aaron Cox
lemme know if no one local steps up with the tool....

ive got it.
Mueller
QUOTE (ChicagoChris @ Feb 1 2006, 08:20 AM)
I am installing the turbo tie rods and want to make the attempt at doing it right. So I am looking for someone who has the install wrench and would lend it to me. Or someone with the tool who wants to help help me do it. biggrin.gif

you could just go buy a cheap $10 32mm open end wrench...it'll need a little grinding to clear, but not that big of a deal if you have a grinding wheel.....takes about 2 or 3 minutes....
Mar7ck
You can go to a bicycle shop buy a 32mm open end wrench.
If you get the correct one a little grinding on the opposite end an you can use it for the ball joints

Mar7ck
ChicagoChris
Looks like the grinding is the leading idea. The one I was looking at in Pelican had the 32mm and a spanner end. But I am no stranger to grinding tools.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.