Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: North Bay Area get together?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhadler
Hey all you North Bay types...

I'm going to be in Santa Rosa (well... Sebastopol) for a while later this month. Thought it might be nice to get together with some 914clubers for lunch or something...

Nothing solid quite yet, but somewhere between the 15th and 25th...

No autox at the SR airport that weekend by any chance? smile.gif Trekkor, I want to see that new paint job!

Any interest?

-Josh2

nocones
I'm in Santa Rosa and would be happy to meet up.
I can even host, and might actually have my car running again by then!
McMark
I'm in, let me know when. wink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (McMark @ Feb 1 2006, 03:28 PM)
I'm in, let me know when. wink.gif

agree.gif not too far from the lower bay area ...

jsharp.gif chowtime.gif Andy
Dave_Darling
Depending on exactly when/where, I can give it a try! smile.gif Hmm, lemme ping Randy too...

--DD
Krieger
I'm interested and live in Santa Rosa. No autox until march 4, but there is a PCA time trial at Infineon Feb 25/26.
Trekkor
idea.gif

Let's see what happens...

KT
ppickerell
Agilent visit?
jimtab
QUOTE (ppickerell @ Feb 1 2006, 09:31 PM)
Agilent visit?

I'm in .....what the fuck is an agilent.....French food????? happy11.gif
jhadler
Okay. smile.gif

I'll have more specifics in the next few days. I'll be in Sebastopol (pretty near to Santa Rosa) visiting family, and thought it'd be nice to visit with the 'teener crowd while I was there....

Any suggestions on a good watering hole with good food?

-Josh2
jhadler
So...

How does Friday the 24th work? An early diner might work too, like 5:30 or so? Who's in?

-Josh2
jimtab
Sorry, it's pretty hard to get from the city to Santa Rosa by 5:30 on a Friday nite....the traffic sucks on 101 on Fridays....slow all the way.... ar15.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (jimtab @ Feb 9 2006, 02:51 PM)
Sorry, it's pretty hard to get from the city to Santa Rosa by 5:30 on a Friday nite....the traffic sucks on 101 on Fridays....slow all the way.... ar15.gif

agree.gif 101 and 80 are a 30 mile parking lot around that time of the day on a weekday ...

sad.gif Andy
Trekkor
Why don't you meet at Sears on Saturday afternoon, check out the PCA timetrial, then go 10 minutes to Novato at 101 for dinner. Several restaurants and huge parking lot.

KT
jhadler
If I could make the argument to drive down to Sears, I would. But that won't fly with the rest of the family.

If dinner doesn't work, what would? Friday the 24th (from noon on) is pretty open at this point. Wish I had the time to make to Sears, havn't been there in -years-.

Suggestions?

-Josh2
Dave_Darling
Pretend to have a heart attack, and get rushed off to a hospital at the intersections of Highways 37 and 121. wink.gif PCA is having a time trial at Sears Point that weekend.

Evidently Sebastopol isn't very full of nice gathering places for dinner/drinks/BSing about cars. Randy suggested heading into Santa Rosa, hitting the 3rd street ale works.

I'll run into the same problems making an early Friday gathering as most of the other people who are down in the South Bay. And I may be busy the rest of the weekend as well--but I'll try to shake some time free; if I can you may get to meet my attorney... smile.gif

--DD
jhadler
Oh, definitely Santa Rosa. I wasn't thinking anyone would go so far as to come into Sebastopol. It's not far from Santa Rosa.

So the question becomes where and when and who? Where sounds like 3rd street ale? So then it's just when and who?

-Josh2
jhadler
Would Thursday work better for folks? It looks like Thursday the 23rd is my open day, not Friday. 6:00 dinner?

Just trying to make something work...

-Josh2
nocones
I'm just down the street so I'll be there whenever works for the group.
McMark
I think the later you can make the dinner the better. I think some of the greater bay area people (Andy?) would be able to make a 7:30 dinner. That'll be $0.02. laugh.gif
Dave_Darling
Thursday? Nope--I've got a job now... wink.gif

--DD
jhadler
icon_bump.gif

So... Thursday the 23rd? Dinner? 3rd Street Ale in Santa Rosa? Who's in?

I'm asking now as my internet access will be quite limited once I'm away from home. I -might- be able to check in once a day...

-Josh2
jhadler
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Feb 10 2006, 11:50 PM)
Thursday? Nope--I've got a job now... wink.gif

--DD

Congrats Dave!! smilie_pokal.gif

What's the new gig?

-Josh2
Dave_Darling
Doing ATC simulation/visualization. Right next door to the old gig at NASA, but paid by a different outfit. smile.gif

--DD
jhadler
icon_bump.gif

Hey all,

I had a chance to check in... is there still interest in getting together in Santa Rosa? Could I hear from ya?

-Josh2
McMark
I'm not available on Thursday. sad.gif
jhadler
icon_bump.gif

Hey all,

Just checking to see if there's still any interest in a get together in Santa Rosa on Thursday. If there's no responses here, I'll stay at my in-law's and sip martinis overlooking the vinyards... So let me know, I'd love to meet with some fellow teeners while I'm out here, and hoist a few beers....beer3.gif

-Josh2
RoadGlue

Hey Josh (and everyone else).

I'm open just about any time. I suggest that we just settle on a date and time and then just let those who make it make it. You can always have another get together soon for those who aren't able to make it this time.

Give me a call if you'd like - 707.529.7860, or email me at randyw AT sonic DOT net.

Look forward to seeing some of the crowd again soon,

Randy
nocones
Any time for me since I'm local.

Hey Randy, didja hide a sonic account for yourself or are you paying for this one? wavey.gif
Didja get the Daytona?

See ya'll soon. beerchug.gif drunk.gif happy11.gif beer3.gif piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE (nocones @ Feb 21 2006, 05:32 PM)
Hey Randy, didja hide a sonic account for yourself or are you paying for this one? wavey.gif
Didja get the Daytona?

It was good seeing you at the Daytona 650's party over at Moto Mechanica. Yep, I'm the proud owner of that red 955i. Went on a ride this morning to Middletown and back, as the weather was just perfect for it. We'll have to go for a ride together soon!

I'm paying for the Sonic.net account... well, I will be come next month.

Give me a shout sometime.

Cheers,
jhadler
icon_bump.gif

Okay, so if there's interest. Then let's meet at 3rd street ale in Santa Rosa. 6pm. beer3.gif

I'll get a table under "914 Club". Come on, I know there's more locals up here... Trekkor?

Anyway... 6pm 3rd stret ale, Santa Rosa. Today. Hope to see ya there...

-Josh2
nocones
See ya at 6! smilie_pokal.gif
RoadGlue
6 PM it is! Glad I checked the board today. smile.gif
RoadGlue
Looks like it might just be the three of us.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.