Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jack Stands on the 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brettmski
Starting the process of restoring a 914-6 I have had for about 2 years. I am going to be lifting it off the floor to remove all the wheels and to be able to work underneath it. I know many of you have done this before. Any hints or tricks on where to place the stands for the least amount of hassle and also safety wise? Pictures are worth a 1000 words to me too.

Allan
If you're not pulling off the suspension, I've had good luck putting the jackstands under the front donuts and the trailing arm pivots.
riverman
I think you'll have a hard time finding anything about 914's and jack stands around here. wink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 2 2006, 04:05 PM)
If you're not pulling off the suspension, I've had good luck putting the jackstands under the front donuts and the trailing arm pivots.

agree.gif is the suspension going to come off as well ???

smash.gif Andy
d914
I used this but if engine staying in I'd build a heavier duty one. This way you can still move the car around.
brettmski
I am going to leave the suspension on for now. If I decide to take it off later, then I will devise another plan.
michel richard
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 2 2006, 04:14 PM)
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 2 2006, 04:05 PM)

agree.gif is the suspension going to come off as well ???

smash.gif Andy

agree.gif too
J P Stein
I hate jackstands, but these home made thingies work well.
bperry
Every time I see that picture, I can never figure out how
the heck the car got lifted up on those blocks.

--- bill
J P Stein
I am berry strong for an old guy wacko.gif
brettmski
How did you get it on the blocks???
Hammy
QUOTE (brettmski @ Feb 3 2006, 11:24 AM)
How did you get it on the blocks???

yeah...how ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.