Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Garage Building Plans site
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
Found another cool site. This one is an architect that just designs simple garage plans. Cool links, picture gallery, etc, etc, etc.

http://www.behmdesign.com/index.html

I like this one... smash.gif

MoveQik
Hey, that is how big mine is going to be. I will only have a garage door on the 25 foot side, however. Tandem I guess. Construction to start this year!
flesburg
It is a nice one. But my 2c worth....

I built my dream garage 12 years ago, 36x60 with 12 foot cielings (so I could put in a lift).

I wish it was twice as big, because it is full!
URY914
Pretty simple stuff really. If you can work on a 914 you can build one of these.

(of course thats easy for me to say as I have a degree in engineering and building construction management) laugh.gif

Paul
flesburg
Another
i love porsche
i need a bigger garage...but for 19, i think its pretty good =]
Porcharu
QUOTE (URY914 @ Feb 2 2006, 06:46 PM)
Found another cool site. This one is an architect that just designs simple garage plans. Cool links, picture gallery, etc, etc, etc.

http://www.behmdesign.com/index.html

I like this one... smash.gif

Where is the bed and the web connection? What else could you possibly need other than the beer fridge mueba.gif beer3.gif and the mill and lathe.
type47
bring on more links to garages and garage plans! i'm looking for 24 x 32 plans.
JmuRiz
Drool!
I'm kindda stuck making a custom designed L-shaped garage.
good thing I have motorcycles and small cars...
I can only do 20' wide with the left side going back 32' (car and workshop side) and the right 18' (914 side).
FYI I will post a thread when we decide on a builder biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
note that most all the plans on that site are sized in increments that are devisable by 4. i like to see that. odd numbers, ie 25',27', 21',... generate waste and typically a pain in the ass when you are framing them up, sheathing products are typically 4'x4'x8'. your framing is going to be in increments of 4 also. 16"or 24" oc. cutting a 1' piece off of a sheet of plywood is silly.

k
drew365
I saw in the paper last night about a guy that won a zoning ruling in his favor. He had built a 6,000 sq. ft. garage and his neighbors tried to have him tear it down. I'm glad I don't live next door to him, but I'm sure he's happy. I have a 3 car garage with a lift and 3 doors, one at each side of the lift which works real well for shuffleing cars around.
Kevin; you take those 1' pieces of plywood and put them under the car to catch the oil leaks. It's all precalculated. biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
the 1' piece is the one you would use for a fill piece on a 25' wall. so you'd have a near full sheet to catch the oil. i did a material take off for planning a submittal. the "current" pricing for 1/2" cdx took my breath away ohmy.gif . then i found out my proposed project site is too far from the nearest hydrant to meet the set back rules i wanted to use. if i want to install a active fire supression system they will green light me. screw the permit. the carport replacement garage isn't visible from the road. put in the slab, get the lumber package, and frame it on a long weekend.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.