Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hans Stuck video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dion9146
Thought some of you video junkies would like this one. It's long, but worth every second. Turn up the volume and prepare to be amazed at Hans doing a one lap of the old Nurburgring course.

I think this is one of the best racing vids out there.

http://www.bmwtransact.com/microsite/nurbu...ring/index.html

Dion
Flat VW
Wow, great video, smilie_pokal.gif

thanks.

John
alpha434
What was that? 12 minutes? Thats a fast lap. Look at all the 911s he passes. Like they're just standing still. And the alfas that can't get out of his way quick enough. One red 911 looked like he wanted to race. I wonder what made him change his mind. Probly getting eaten on the inside of turn 35 (i don't really know the turn num.) And a Lancer was fighting on a straight-away. But ended up looking like a dumbass too. Great movie.
sgomes
smilie_pokal.gif ohmy.gif pray.gif

and to everyone else out on that track..... owned.gif

Great vid. It would have been better if he was actually racing against someone though....
KaptKaos
Jeez!! That is really fast!!!!!!!!
flyloki
Is that the one in the V12 X5.........SUV!!!???
Lou W
That was cool. ph34r.gif
Dr. Roger
I never seem to get tired of that one.

Top speed.. about 140.

See the "other version" HERE.
Speedster07
Was that really a BMW M3 of some kind?

Thanks thats a better version. smilie_pokal.gif
Full screen
Bruce Allert
I was watching the inside cam of him driving and very seldom saw him move his leg to clutch when he'd shift. I really din't see his leg move till the end of the vid.

Awesome. Imagine how tired you'd be driving at that speed for that long!!! beer3.gif I'd be exhausted! yellowsleep[1].gif

.....b
Trekkor
How large is the viddy file before I try to download the thing?

KT
DanT
QUOTE (Bruce Allert @ Feb 2 2006, 10:41 PM)
I was watching the inside cam of him driving and very seldom saw him move his leg to clutch when he'd shift.  I really din't see his leg move till the end of the vid.

Awesome.  Imagine how tired you'd be driving at that speed for that long!!!   beer3.gif I'd be exhausted! yellowsleep[1].gif

.....b

Square cut gears. No clutch required in most instances. Just grab the shifter and put it where you want it.

Not sure how big, Trekkor. But with your dial up I would say more than an hour. wink.gif sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (trekkor @ Feb 2 2006, 10:57 PM)
How large is the viddy file before I try to download the thing?

i got a hires version, 53 MB ...

driving.gif Andy

Trekkor
Well... dry.gif

Given that a 10 meg file takes about 1.5 hours, this one should be around 7.5...Doh!

KT
SirAndy
QUOTE (sgomes @ Feb 2 2006, 08:48 PM)
and to everyone else out on that track..... owned.gif

looks like that was on a "normal" open track weekend. not like the club races here. pretty much whoever shows up at the track can run for a small fee. mostly just tourists taking a few laps.
some of the cars looked well prepared tho ...

also keep in mind, you only see the cars in the vid that are slower than him ...
wink.gif Andy
johannes
You can go there with your own car in the week end for 16 Euros one lap driving.gif . But you cant' speed because there are also tourist busses on the track . ar15.gif . It's not so far from where I live ( about 300 Miles ).
I'll post the video when I will do a (slow) lap with my 914. So you can biggrin.gif .

Do you know the track is also available on GT Legend simulator (as a addon track). I mean the long Nordschleife historic track. It's very fun to drive with the included 914/6.

For those who didn't see it my GT legend video ( not Nordschleife, but Dijon)
http://www.914garage.com/videos/914_dijon.wmv
sgomes
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 2 2006, 11:21 PM)
[also keep in mind, you only see the cars in the vid that are slower than him ...
wink.gif Andy

That's why it would be so fun to watch him actually chasing someone down... raises the tension level that much more! popcorn[1].gif
morgan
you will see that car race this year in ALMS can't wait to see those car race

John smilie_pokal.gif
brer
I've been around the ring faster. dry.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (brer @ Feb 3 2006, 09:36 AM)
I've been around the ring faster.    <_<  

yeah, didn't you also fall off the roof while you were drunk ???

biggrin.gif Andy
jhadler
Not 12 minutes, 8'37"...

One of the fastest record times set at the Nordschleife. And calling that an M3, is like... well... Calling Joe's 3.6L 914 a stock 914... biggrin.gif

Great clip! I never get tired of it, and the sound! The whine of those gears is pure music! Especially when he's topped out at what must be close to 170 mph and the gears are jsut screaming! w00t.gif

-Josh2
jhadler
Oh, that would be for production cars... But the production car record I think was set a couple years ago in a Radical. Something just under 7 minutes if I recall...

I think the all time record is something just a hair over 6 minutes. In a Porsche nonetheless... 956 that is...

I can only imagine...

-Josh2
jhadler
Radical SR8: 6'55"... lHere

brer
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 3 2006, 10:43 AM)
QUOTE (brer @ Feb 3 2006, 09:36 AM)
I've been around the ring faster.    <_<  

yeah, didn't you also fall off the roof while you were drunk ???

biggrin.gif Andy

Shhhhhhhh! smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (jhadler @ Feb 3 2006, 10:05 AM)
But the production car record I think was set a couple years ago in a Radical. Something just under 7 minutes if I recall...

yeah, looks just like any other street legal production car ...

wacko.gif Andy

user posted image
maf914
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 3 2006, 10:26 AM)
yeah, looks just like any other street legal production car ...

Well, sure. It's got a license plate. Plus you see those wings on Hondas and Neons everyday. laugh.gif

BTW, those radiator relief vents are just what you need for your oil cooler, Andy.
johannes
I watched the video ! The guy is FAST ! but you cannot compare the two times because they didn't drove the same track length. The Radical drove the "short" Nordschleife that avoids the new part of the track and the pits.
andys
I too really enjoy this video.....it's the one I was asking about a couple of weeks ago. Such a pleasure to watch the 'ringmeister" at work. Notice how few corrections he makes? A real measure of a truely skilled professional. Makes it look easy, no?

Andys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.