Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche lawyers strike again???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
What's up with this?

IPB Image
The POC logo (the thingie on the right) used to have the PorscheĀ® crest embedded in the middle. It suddenly changed in the last couple weeks.

The club is obviously still authorized to use the PorscheĀ® crest, because it appears by itself elsewhere on the web site and on printed docs they mail out.
Jeroen
Hey Chris,

this has nothing to do with lawyers...
The logo as so see it, is what Porsche AG demands from official Porsche Clubs
If you look at any of the non-US clubs around the world, you will see the exact same idea (P-crest on the left, "Porsche Club" top-middle, club name bottom-middle and the club's own logo on the right)

Porsche has very strickt ideas about their 'corporate identity'

When I was building the website for our Dutch club, I got a huge handbook.
It dictates exactly how everything is supposed to look, what colors to use, the fonts, font sizes, logo's
Even the on-screen layout has been defined by the pixel

Call 'em anal, but they want every part of the official organisation to have a uniform appearence to the world...

cheers,

Jeroen
yaaaahoooo, it's good to be back!!! boldblue.gif
drew365
Chis; they actually changed the logo last season. Like Jeroen says, it has to do with Porsche supplying sponsorship money and the club playing by the rules as Porsche writes them. Beats getting sued.
campbellcj
QUOTE(drew365 @ Feb 18 2003, 08:20 PM)
Chis; they actually changed the logo last season. Like Jeroen says, it has to do with Porsche supplying sponsorship money and the club playing by the rules as Porsche writes them. Beats getting sued.

Ahhh....yeah, I kinda disappeared from the club for a while. I guess I should hang onto the shirts and stickers I've got with the old POC crest. (Liked it a lot better).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.