Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My custom subs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WRX914
This was my approach to the 911 sub problem...
WRX914
and my design for the 914 footwell sub...

Crazyhippy
OOOhhh... Purdy....

Is that 911 interior pic the gray turbo? That thing is obscene. Crystal clear, until the blood coming out your ears starts to muffle it. And almost silent outside w00t.gif

Kim still talks about that car, and it's been a year now confused24.gif

BJH
WRX914
yup thats the one....

here is our door panel..

jasons
Image Dynamics? Good Choice.
bd1308
if that footwell sub is a drop-in unit,

i'll ship you my kidney for it.

East coaster
I'm working on a mold for a passenger side footwell sub that won't interfere with the passenger compartment. It will house an 8" sub. I'm not sure if it will work with a center console, but I don't care, I don't have one. I had one like posted above and it always freaked out passengers puting their feet on it.

Before anyone asks..........no I'm not selling these, I'm just doing it for my own project.

Here's the modified foam getting ready for mold making:

TravisNeff
QUOTE (WRX914 @ Feb 3 2006, 01:17 PM)
and my design for the 914 footwell sub...

What's up with the bars in the car? Street type cage for stiffening, or am I seeing things
Crazyhippy
Cars owner had some tubing, and some spare time... it's really well constructed, even if it's overkill on the street.

BJH
TINCAN914
QUOTE (East coaster @ Feb 4 2006, 11:14 AM)
I'm working on a mold for a passenger side footwell sub that won't interfere with the passenger compartment. It will house an 8" sub. I'm not sure if it will work with a center console, but I don't care, I don't have one. I had one like posted above and it always freaked out passengers puting their feet on it.

Before anyone asks..........no I'm not selling these, I'm just doing it for my own project.

Here's the modified foam getting ready for mold making:

This might be dumb question, but couldn't you just core out thefootrest, and flush mount sub in there?Same result and it wont be in the way right?
WRX914
Yes, and no...

While it will work, you really do need a sealed enclosure for a sub to work properly. Additionally, you need to figure out the minimum cubic inches for each driver.

cool.gif
WRX914
icon_bump.gif
neo914-6
Keith,

Wasn't your ID "audioculture" and are you still in RH building?

VegasRacer
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Feb 15 2006, 12:24 PM)
Keith,

I know the answer to this one. wavey.gif

Yes and No. (really)
WRX914
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Feb 15 2006, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Feb 15 2006, 12:24 PM)
Keith,

I know the answer to this one. wavey.gif

Yes and No. (really)

Thanks John!

smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.