Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauges in Ashtray location (interest?)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlee1967
I just thought I would drop a quick note to see if there was any interest in a two gauge plate that fits in the same location as the ashtray. This unit is adjustable and mounts with the existing ashtray hardware. I made a few for friends and thought I might start offering them to anyone interested.

This unit is 16 gauge steel and would be painted with either crinkle finish black paint or a hammered finish black paint. I could also make available in raw steel and without the bend to keep shipping cost down. Anyone with a vice could bend it when it arrived.

What would you say is a fair price? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
dlee1967
Another.....
dlee1967
last........
alpha434
Nice. I was already planning on doing something similar. What's the charge on one of your units?

Left and right head temp.
SirAndy
how about a picture with one installed in a car?

beer.gif Andy
type47
$7-12. i've seen a very similar mount on a site. i'll see if i can find it. i have a car with the mount in the ashtray location.

http://egauges.com/vdo_acce.asp?Subgroup=2...ts_Black&Cart=1

Howard
I'd rather have a cupholder biggrin.gif
machina
btdt
tat2dphreak
I think it's a great idea... CHTs, oil pressure, A/F mix... whatever you feel you need... smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 3 2006, 07:22 PM)
I'd rather have a cupholder biggrin.gif

agree.gif in fact, i *NEED* a cup holder ...

beer3.gif Andy
propricer
I'm with Andy ... I'll take a cup holder also !!!
dlee1967
The best cupholder I've seen is made by taking a hole saw to your existing ashtray. Add two straps with pop rivets to fit and then you have a great cupholder for little to nothing. It also slides out of the way when you aren't using it. I have another cup holder idea for larger cups, but this is a few months away and is mounted lower in the car.

I am familiar with the VDO gauge plate that is available, but it does not fit perfectly and will need modification for the ashtray location. As a matter of fact, I bought one on Ebay for $2!

As listed in my first post. These are not yet available and I have not yet priced them.

THIS THREAD IS TO GAUGE INTEREST ONLY AND RIGHT NOW THERE IS LITTLE TO NO INTEREST!

bd1308
i'm intrested

smile.gif
jfort
I'd be interested, too.
dlee1967
Well, it looks like I should cut about 25 rather than 100.......
Aaron Cox
huge props to david for coming out with new products

smiley_notworthy.gif
bd1308
while you have them tooled, id cut as many as you can afford.

you have to realize that usually people have lives (unlike me) outside of the club.

sometimes people only come here once a month

just helping a feller brothuh out.

b
dlee1967
I'll cut 50 this week and see how they go......
alpha434
Dibs. I'll take one. Or two. I've got a buddy with too many gauges for his own good. Maybe three.
SirAndy
cupholders. i tell you, cupholders! biggrin.gif

actually, i think the gauges is a cool idea. too bad my dash has the "ashtray-delete" option ...
cool.gif Andy
Andyrew
Seriously... a cupholder that we wouldnt have to make (I built one a while ago... hated it..)
joea9146
How about Gauges in the Radio Face Plate that you provide ??
bd1308
everybody has a cupholder built-in, ask CptTripps.

b
Mugs914
Here's the gauge set-up in my car. It was done by the P.O., but it's pretty cool...

...But I want a cup holder too!
dlee1967
Joe A, I already have a radio plate setup for three gauges....see my post on the resources page or go to
This link....

thanks..DLee
dlee1967
Cupholders Cupholder.......sounds like a HUGE hyjack to me.

What size beverage?

Locate up high or down low?

Removable or fixed?

Show me your ideas for cupholds......

BTW the only cupholder that would work in my car is the type in the basket with a swivel that you would use on a boat. I don't think it would pass tech at the track. It would look unique hanging from the cage.

My question has been answered on the ashtray gauge bracket and they will be available next week. thanks....

Andrew......how do you have time to read every thread out there? Get back in the garage and finish that car...
Andyrew
biggrin.gif

school has odd hours.. and im studying.. kinda

chemistry test tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.