Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ot ot ot here it comes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
sitting here the wind is gusting about 50 -60mph and rain comming down sideways. now i know y'all down in the south get tornado and hurricanes, but ya see we have these 100' -150' trees growing around our houses. the ground is saturated and these trees are prime for falling over sad.gif . gonna go get my generator ready. burnout.gif
KELTY360
Yeah, I hear ya. That old freight train roaring thru the trees feels like it's coming to get me. Branches are bouncing off the roof and skylights and the lights are flickering. A good storm can be as invigorating as a run down Chuckanut Drive, but...I hate the WIND! Make it stop. Good luck, hope your trees stay upright.

Marc
riverman
They're calling for over a foot of snow here today in central Ontario. Buffalo might get completely buried. Could also reek havoc in Detroit this weekend for Superbowl. ohmy.gif
DNHunt
Power just came back on. My 12 year old daughter got so scared she decided to sleep downstairs ohmy.gif . I wonder how much cleanup there will be.

Dave
bd1308
hijacked.gif

sorry I couldnt call yesterday, I was pretty sick.

anywho, what time is good to call today?

$HIJACK MODE = "OFF";
Bruce Allert
Still windy here at 7 AM. Nothin horendous happened last night. Din't even wake up 'cept 't Pee... then I heard it so it must'a swung North to you guys like they said it might/would... Hey! how 'bout that, the weather guys were right fer once poke.gif

.......b
reverie
The power just came back on here. I expect it'll go out again soon. The wind going through the big trees does sound like a freight train. It's pretty damn scary with all these big trees around, swaying back and forth like crazy. We're just starting to get the brunt of the wind-storm. The winds will get worse over the next 5 hours until they start to die down. With the adrenaline I'm putting out, I won't need any coffee today!

Roger ohmy.gif
rhodyguy
100'+ cedars firs and pines, 40' from your house does not make for restful night. they're bending but not breaking at this point.

k
jimtab
Good luck guys, I live on a bluff with nothin but air between me and Japan....we've had winds up to 107 in the 25 years since we moved here and so far only lost shingles and gutters, deck furnature and a chimney cover. None of the big trees near here has fallen on MY house but the neighbor next door got clipped by a 120' pine in '82/
rhodyguy
mid post. uh, oh. flickering lights. shuting down. talk to you later.

k
Tom
power went out at midnight, Phones are out this morning. I came in to work! Hope things get better before the game tomorrow. Ya just don't get to watch our Seahawks in the Superbowl too much.
Tom
DNHunt
I wonder how John Kelly did riding it out down at the coast. I bet they had a hairy time. icon8.gif
TravisNeff
OK enough! I haven't seen rain going on 4 months....

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
sixnotfour
What Storm ? It was windy , And NO rain all day smilie_pokal.gif

messix
power went out about 4am, back on for about 40 sec. then 2 big booms and out again. back on about 7am then another big boom and out again, not back on till 3pm. winds up on my hill where shaking the house. guess about 60 -70 mph gusts. no trees down on me or my neibors but many around the area. one was down on power lines and and hanging abouve a three lane road. 30' in the air. cars still diving under it screwy.gif
rjames
Yeah, I'm seriously sick of this weather. Didn't help that at 1am on a hunch I decided to check the garage for flooding as I've just removed all of the tar from the floor pans, and have a bunch of tools laying around the car on the ground. Checked things out just in time- water was about 1 inch away from reaching the middle of the garage where all the tools were piled. Spent the next half hour getting everything in there off the ground.
Figures I'd be doing rust repairs during a time when the garage would flood ... wacko.gif

Speaking of, any fellow Seattle-ites selling a Mig welder cheap? (Or want to rent one out?) I've been looking for one to come up on Craig's list for a while, but people seem to want to get what they originally paid for 'em.

Trying to think of things I could offer in trade for letting me borrow one...um... home computer support? (I do that for a living).... guitar lessons? (tried doing that for a living)... tar removal on floor pans? (I'd hate to have to do that for a living) ar15.gif
Michael J
After all the hype I thought the wind would be worse than it was. Not complaining I just expected some really bad shit. We are NW of Olympia on Puget Sound and the bay looked like surf on the ocean. Lots of docks and wood and a couple of boats floated by but no damage on the home front.

Sounds like the winds are over and we might even see the sun on Sunday.

GO SEAHAWKS
biggy72
My dad called tonight from back at home out on the southwest coast and said we had three trees fall over on our property of about 7 acres and the power was off from 7 this morning til 6:30 tonight. He said in town there wasn't any power and it typically floods with power, but since they couldn't run the pumps it was really bad today with about 3 ft of water pretty much anywhere remotely low.

But I'm now on the east side where it didn't rain much. It was just really windy all day long.
Eddie914
I drove by Alki Beach on the way to the office Saturday morning and had waves breaking over the the car. Good thing it was raining nice and hard to wash the saltwater off the BMW.

We lost power for a couple of hours. Lots of tree branches in the roads.

Just another Seattle winter ...

Eddie

tdgray
Ok. I see the last post by our guys in WA was about midnight - one AM EST.

CHECK IN GUYS. Let us know if everyone is OK huh.gif
J P Stein
Wind driven hail woke me about 2 AM.....hail on aluminum siding makes one hell of a racket. No probs other than that
KELTY360
All quiet on the the western front. Well, northwestern anyway. Didn't lose any trees on my property and it doesn't look like I'll have to do any pruning this spring - it's already done. Branches everywhere.

It's calm, the sun is shining, wish they were playing the SuperBowl in Seattle today........Seahawks Rock!! Go Seahawks!!!

aktion035.gif mueba.gif aktion035.gif mueba.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Marc
914werke
Holy Moly ohmy.gif
Between a 3.2 shaker (roller) the other day and then last night's wind storm I got a boat load of clean up to do. I lost a couple small trees. Ive already dulled one chain on my chainsaw wacko.gif
this wasnt how I planned on spending SuperBowl Sunday headbang.gif
John Kelly
The power was out for 7 hours here in Moclips...good thing I got a generator a while back. This was a fantastic storm. Hard to believe the wind can blow that hard for that long (about 24 hours). The beach has been scraped almost clean. Huge pieces of driftwood went up the beach access road into the street. It was blast. But..a lot of water fowl die in these storms from starvation. They quickly get too weak to feed themselves. Been saving a few western greebs when I can.

Had to do a little patching on the roof, but got off pretty easy this time.

In Seattle we never had a tree come down in our yard in 27 years. There is strength in numbers. Take out all the trees except one or two and they will eventually fall in a wind storm. I miss having trees in the yard, but the ocean nearby makes up for it.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Root_Werks
(Winter), that's a rap! Bring on spring! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.