Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Twystd1
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
look at the "protrusion" from the air filter top down the stack....
user posted image
user posted image
Elliot_Cannon
Portrusion?
Aaron Cox
typo fixed....
Toast
Portrusion at a coffee shop between those two? blink.gif

Need I ask? screwy.gif

Are there cops invoved?
r_towle
It creates a vortex going into the velocity stack.

Standard stuff on harley carbs...increases swirl effect going in...it has been tested and proven on a dyno to increase HP

Actually saw it on a MC show the other day...

Rich
Twystd1
Toast.... The Cops came later...

The picture shows both sets of injector bosses below the throttle blades.

In another scenario...Two sets of injectors... One above the throttle blades and One below... Which to me is a more interesting configuration.

Some of these setups include two sets of throttle blades.

NOW: which one are we going to use??????????

Think about it.....

Twystd1
Aaron Cox
yup. we were talking about ITB's , Carbs, and these "swirling devices", just kinda funny i found a pic with 2 oudda da 3
Aaron Cox
need someone with a foundry..... to make a new airfilter top based on a CB ribbed top

oh....muelller biggrin.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Is that anything like that "Tornado" thingy that you put in the aircleaner of your 4 barrel? One of them info-mercial things?
Elliot
messix
looks to like its a radius guide to staighten the air flow to the throat of the t.b. it reduces the turbulence and helps the air flow make the turn into the t.b.
MattR
aaron, do you have a picture of the internals of that bad boy?
Twystd1

MattR,
What are you talking about????

Twystd1
Part Pricer
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 5 2006, 04:58 AM)
aaron, do you have a picture of the internals of that bad boy?

Here ya go biggrin.gif

user posted image
Aaron Cox
i didnt notice the extra injector ports.......

wierd
lapuwali
The things on the airfilter top may be airflow straighteners, but they may also be injector mounts that haven't been machined, yet. Jerry Woods did some experimentation years ago and produced some parts to allow a "showerhead" configuration for injectors. More time for vaporization at high revs was the plan. On race engines, it picked up a good mount of power.

Dr. Roger
I don't think it's necessarily the vortex effect. More the "allowing air to curve down into the intake as opossed to air coming fron the sides and making a hard downward turn effect". Keeping air velocity more uniform and pressures more evenly distributed. Less turbulence.

chevrolet has been doing this for... forever. =-)

user posted image

Chevy fuond that by placing the raised area in the aircleaner cover around the perimeter and then the lower area at the center it got the air to go down the carb more efficently. More power. boy that came out terribly... LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.