Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stealth sub box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wilchek
I spent the day starting to glass a stealth box that will fit under the passenger footwell/footrest. I was originally just going to make one, but I figured I would gage interest to see if others would be interested. I figure it would cost 65-75 dollars plus shipping. I am just gageing interest but let me know if this is something you would like. The box will fit an 8in woofer which you would need to acquire. This should sound a lot better than just cutting out the foam, as this will be sealed and will have the proper volume for the sound to bounce. Let me know what you all think. I am just getting started but should have mine completed in a couple of weeks.

The picture is the back side that is molded to fit into the firewall. I don't plan on moving the front (palce where your feet rest) out much if any depending on what woofer and can get and how deep it actually is. Overall, you should not loose much leg room if any and you will never be able to tell where the sound is coming from
bd1308
dang...I have 2 10's

sad.gif

b
wilchek
where did you find the room for those. If I was 10 years younger I would have gone for 3 twelves. Just looking for some clean bass that does not effect my all original car with 70K miles.

PS: I am guessing an 8in woofer but may be able to get a 10in in there.
bd1308
it just fits in my front trunk...no distortion or rattling...

no space for stuff tho

:\

and now no good stereo.

b

I think my 2 10s are too much for the 914. I think this is a good idea though, something i've been lookin for.....
degreeoff
I can't hear a thing in mine, I had a ADS 50x6 with 4" separates, 5 1/4 coax and a 10" JBL all in the comapartment with me....now its the sound of music (I mean engine) and thats all folks....of coarse I was able to dump all the quiet exhaust stuff and go Kerry Hunter headers..I am sure that had somthin to do with it....:-)
Dr Evil
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! I am gonna be doing something like this for my car someday maybe wink.gif
East coaster
I'm right behind ya' beerchug.gif
Allan
I would be very interested in this. Even more so if you could do it with a 10"..
bd1308
if you need any help lemme know.

I *NEED* this.

b
Loser_Cruiser
dang...I have 2 10's

I hear yea. I have two pretty much brand new !0" rockfords. I would only use one ofcourse and myabe throw the other one in the bug but every one I see doing these is looking at 8" subs which is probably more than enough. Maybe I will find some one who wants to trade a 8" for a 10"
wilchek
update:

I pulled the mold tonight after doing a second coat. I calculated the volume which came out to .26 Cubic feet (volume calculation page) . I figured it would be around there. So it looks like a 8in woofer would work fine in the sealed enclosure. A ten needs at least .5 cubic feet to work properly. It is possible that it would sound worse. It is not all about size but how you move the air and how the sound bounces. Any one of these speakers should work, but the Rockford Fosgates shoud be the best due to volume issues. Woofer -crutchfield.

EastCoaster-looks nice- but I have a center console, so I could never get away with that design
WRX914
Looks real good... that is exactly how we did it!

check it out...

WRX914
My 911 doors...

WRX914
My 914 kick panel speaker pods...

Jeffs9146
I built this one and it calulates out to .27QF. It sounds great!

WRX914
And now for some serious 911 bass...
WRX914
Can you say POWER?

Jeffs9146
WRX914
close up...

WRX914
Here is my IPOD solution for a new 996...

WRX914
Without the IPOD...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.