914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
TINCAN914
Anyone know anything about this car?
Belong to anyone here?
Looks to be in nice shape.... anything?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-Porsch...1QQcmdZViewItem
TROJANMAN
howard posted that about a week ago. looks like the auction has been restarted. i don't remember which thread it was in, but i think the guy is flipping a car he just bought. (it's in joe's bbq link, i just bumped it. 2nd page)
jasons
I don't know the car but...

It was listed in the autotrader for $3K OBO. Then it showed up on ebay went up to $4k and didn't make the reserve.

Between the autotrader ad and the auction it looks like it changed owners. The phone numbers are different and the ad is listed in Mesa, the auction in Scottsdale. My guess is someone bought it and is flipping it. Are you interested in the car?

Trader ad
Flat VW
QUOTE (jasons @ Feb 6 2006, 10:33 AM)

It was listed in the autotrader for $3K OBO.  Then it showed up on ebay went up to $4k and didn't make the reserve.

Between the autotrader ad and the auction it looks like it changed owners.  The phone numbers are different and the ad is listed in Mesa, the auction in Scottsdale.  My guess is someone bought it and is flipping it.  Are you interested in the car?

Trader ad

From the age and style of the houses in the background of the photos, that car has to be real close to us Jason.

John

P.S. I'm gonna call the guy and find out where. laugh.gif
jasons
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Feb 6 2006, 09:36 AM)
QUOTE (jasons @ Feb 6 2006, 10:33 AM)

It was listed in the autotrader for $3K OBO.  Then it showed up on ebay went up to $4k and didn't make the reserve.

Between the autotrader ad and the auction it looks like it changed owners.  The phone numbers are different and the ad is listed in Mesa, the auction in Scottsdale.  My guess is someone bought it and is flipping it.  Are you interested in the car?

Trader ad

From the age and style of the houses in the background of the photos, that car has tho be real close to us Jason.

John

P.S. I'm gonna call the guy and find out where. laugh.gif

Yeah on ebay it shows up at less than 5 miles from me.
Flat VW
Scottsdale Road and Thunderbird.....

Quote from seller: "Thirty-Nine Hundred, not a dollar less"

John
SirAndy
"1973 Porsche 914 Targa Coupe"

what is it, a "Targa" or a "Coupe" ??? screwy.gif
looks like the guy can't decide.

i wonder if he knows what "Coupe" stands for ...
bs.gif Andy
TINCAN914
I am interested in it. Anyone have the time to take a look at it for me?
Wondering what the cost would be to ship it to Southern Cal. I know others have driven a reat deal longer distances when buying one, I am fearful of making the drive in a car I know nothing about.
Howard
See Joe's BBQ thread biggrin.gif

As I said before, go look at it and drive it. If it makes sense, call me, I'll buy it and pay for your gas to bring it to the BBQ.
Howard
Sorry Brian, I wrote mine before I saw yours...
Flat VW
QUOTE (bmunday @ Feb 6 2006, 10:57 AM)
I know others have driven a reat deal longer distances when buying one, I am fearful of making the drive in a car I know nothing about.

Wussie!

John
jasons
I can try to look at it tonight. I don't know if I could get to it before it gets dark. So maybe tomorrow?
Flat VW
Wondering what the cost would be to ship it to Southern Cal. I know others have driven a reat deal longer distances when buying one, I am fearful of making the drive in a car I know nothing about.

I can go look at it, of course I do not know sh*t, But if that don't bother ya?

Jason wanna go?

John
TROJANMAN
hey howard,
are you trying to corner the market on 914's?
biggrin.gif
TINCAN914
owned.gif

Can anyone do a PPI for me?
Flat VW
see above rolleyes.gif
TINCAN914
Howard.
You purchased one last week that I wanted. Now your trying to crush me again? biggrin.gif
If anyone is interested in taking a look at it and driving it down to Joe's for the BBQ, I will pay for your gas, and your beer? cool.gif
jasons
I'll do it. Its practically in my backyard. I just can't promise today/tonight. I am sure I could do it tomorrow. Can someone post or pm the owners phone number? I am shutdown from ebay at work. ph34r.gif

EDIT: I aint driving that thing to CA though. Not even for burnt meat and beer. beer.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Feb 6 2006, 10:10 AM)

I can go look at it, of course I do not know sh*t, But if that don't bother ya?

Jason wanna go?

John

No offense but if Jason know's about them, would you mind taking him along? laugh.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (jasons @ Feb 6 2006, 10:15 AM)
I'll do it. Its practically in my backyard. I just can't promise today/tonight. I am sure I could do it tomorrow. Can someone post or pm the owners phone number? I am shutdown from ebay at work. ph34r.gif

EDIT: I aint driving that thing to CA though. Not even for burnt meat and beer. beer.gif

Thanks Jason..
Flat VW
Waide, do you feel lucky? ar15.gif

Looking at it is one thing, driving it over is ANOTHER.

John
Flat VW
(602) 502-8424-- seller
Howard
Yes, I am planning to corner the market on good 914's. Not the high line sixes, just the straight 4's. They are the next speedsters!! screwy.gif

Brian, I didn't know you wanted Waide's car. Make him an offer laugh.gif
And driving a strange car out is less scary if you have a caravan.
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 6 2006, 10:24 AM)
Yes, I am planning to corner the market on good 914's. Not the high line sixes, just the straight 4's. They are the next speedsters!! screwy.gif

Brian, I didn't know you wanted Waide's car. Make him an offer laugh.gif
And driving a strange car out is less scary if you have a caravan.

Howard,

No a problem, wouldn't expect you to read minds...
I don't think I have the kind of cash in the bank right now to make him the offer he would be lookin for.
MoveQik
I left two messages with the guy last week and got nothing back from him. WTF?? Evidently since it didn't go on eBay he is being a bit more responsive. That thing is only about three miles from my house. I'll try to check it out as well.
TINCAN914
That would be appreciated Mike...
IronHillRestorations
I see accident damage in the right front. So much for straight and clean. Dash cap over cracked dash? Zero battery tray, floorpan or longitudinal pics, could be problem.
Mueller
gotta lose the spinners and the cheap tires.......
Howard
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 6 2006, 03:04 PM)
gotta lose the spinners and the cheap tires.......

Really? I thought they were kinda cute laugh.gif
jasons
I called the guy and left a message. If he doesn't call me tonight, I will hound him some tomorrow. I'll try to go by after work with my camera in hand.
itsaporsche914
i just had an interesting conversation with mr. "did this car come with these twin cam weber carbs" HE'S a strange dude good luck wacko.gif
jasons
OK message #2 left. I will try him again this afternoon.
SLITS
QUOTE (jasons @ Feb 6 2006, 11:15 AM)

gayfight.gif Afraid to drive 329 miles.......only one way at that......

Howie, buy it.....I'll fly over and drive it back.....flip it for $8k to the wussies.
TINCAN914
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 7 2006, 09:32 AM)
I'll do it.  Its practically in my backyard.  I just can't promise today/tonight.  I  am sure I could do it tomorrow.  Can someone post or pm the owners phone number?  I am shutdown from ebay at work.   ph34r.gif

EDIT: I aint driving that thing to CA though.  Not even for burnt meat and beer. beer.gif

Howie, buy it.....I'll fly over and drive it back.....flip it for $8k to the wussies.

Hey watch it....
Besides I was told they took your drivers license away..
I think there is a law prohibiting people of your age from driving. (insert old man that can't see over the steering wheel here) laugh.gif
Howard
Ron, in a weak moment I promised Brian I wouldn't bid against him on this. Don't scare him anymore biggrin.gif

SLITS
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 7 2006, 10:45 AM)
Ron, in a weak moment I promised Brian I wouldn't bid against him on this. Don't scare him anymore biggrin.gif

I didn't...................
TROJANMAN
was his last auction private, too?
looks suspicious. idea.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (bmunday @ Feb 7 2006, 10:37 AM)
I'll do it.  Its practically in my backyard.  I just can't promise today/tonight.  I  am sure I could do it tomorrow.  Can someone post or pm the owners phone number?  I am shutdown from ebay at work.   ph34r.gif

EDIT: I aint driving that thing to CA though.  Not even for burnt meat and beer. beer.gif

Hey watch it....
I think there is a law prohibiting people of your age from driving. (insert old man that can't see over the steering wheel here) laugh.gif

You just lost the auction....and the car.....$12K to you in Liberalland aaron.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Feb 7 2006, 09:49 AM)
looks suspicious. idea.gif

You just sit over there in the corner smart guy...
TINCAN914
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 7 2006, 09:49 AM)
QUOTE (bmunday @ Feb 7 2006, 10:37 AM)

Hey watch it....

You just lost the auction....and the car.....$12K to you in Liberalland aaron.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 7 2006, 09:45 AM)

Howard don't think I don't appreciate it.
I hope to know tonight what kind of condition the car is in, then I will see if I pull the trigger. wink.gif
Howard
QUOTE (bmunday @ Feb 7 2006, 09:51 AM)
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Feb 7 2006, 09:49 AM)
looks suspicious.   idea.gif

You just sit over there in the corner smart guy...

IMO non Porsche guy just flipping it. Bid got over $4000 last time and deal fell apart. Somebody has to go look at the car, and if it's good, lay some dead presidents on him. Prior comment 'not a dime less than $3900'???

Why if there was a higher bid? confused24.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (bmunday @ Feb 7 2006, 10:54 AM)
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 7 2006, 09:45 AM)
Ron, in a weak moment I promised Brian I wouldn't bid against him on this.  Don't scare him anymore  :D

Howard don't think I don't appreciate it.
I hope to know tonight what kind of condition the car is in, then I will see if I pull the trigger. wink.gif

Yeh, from the looks of the images you should pull the trigger on a Howitzer aimed at the driver's door.... av-943.gif
jasons

YUP! Actually if I had time I would consider it since there is a quasi-caravan.

OK, I talked to the owner. I'm planning to go see it after work. Update tonight.

TINCAN914
QUOTE (jasons @ Feb 7 2006, 10:15 AM)

gayfight.gif  Afraid to drive 329 miles.......only one way at that......

YUP! Actually if I had time I would consider it since there is a quasi-caravan.

OK, I talked to the owner. I'm planning to go see it after work. Update tonight.

Thanks Jason...
TROJANMAN
jason,
please pm me what you find. i may have to up my bid. wink.gif

just kidding brian biggrin.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Feb 7 2006, 10:25 AM)
jason,
please pm me what you find. i may have to up my bid. wink.gif

just kidding brian biggrin.gif

Hey, Hey!! finger.gif
You got a car that runs... cool_shades.gif

Oh on the deal we talked about last week... THings are lookin up, should know by the end of the week.....Keep em crossed...
jasons
So I looked at the car and its pretty "typical" of a 914.

Here are 2 pics of some "typical" 914 areas.

First one is a Jackpoint.

user posted image

Second is the "hell hole" Sir Andy style

user posted image
Howard
Jason, thanks for going out and protecting the brotherhood. How the hell does a car get like that in AZ???
TINCAN914
Jason is the man..... smilie_pokal.gif Just saved me some kash...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.