Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Video clip of F1 car headers turning white
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgara962
Check out this clip of an F1 car (I think Minardi) sitting on stands while they rev the engine. The headers turn white from the heat. Pretty cool.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7...774861951581851
Speedster07
WoW how can I get my 2.0L or the 3.2L to sound like that boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
screwy.gif
brant
QUOTE (Speedster07 @ Feb 6 2006, 02:22 PM)
WoW how can I get my 2.0L or the 3.2L to sound like that boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
screwy.gif

I think you buy a brand new Carrera GT and then take the mufflers off.

brant
jgara962
QUOTE (Speedster07 @ Feb 6 2006, 01:22 PM)
screwy.gif

The only thing we have in common with that video was that the car was on jack stands laugh.gif
i love porsche
that was beautiful!

music to my ears!
JmuRiz
If you can get your engine to rev to 20k RPM it might sound like that, haha.
BTW it's the Arrows team car from 2002 or 2003 (no longer in F1)
seanery
that looks like the now defunct TWR-Arrows team.

=edit= damn I'm slow wacko.gif
Joe Ricard
Good Heavens that thng sounded MEAN.
5,000 RPM idle. sounded like a snarling dog. and the throttle blips were like my dog having a fit over a trespasser.

Uhh oh Damn that was cool.
Speedster07
When I raced Karts I had an Komet K71 single cylinder engine that did 15K RPM and a twin 250cc Rotex that did 12k RPM but this thing is out of control.
Where do we sign up for a test drive ph34r.gif

Or do I have to fire up the time machine cool_shades.gif
Jeroen
there's another clip out there where they actually make the engine "sing" a song
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.