Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey, PA in April ANYONE?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Kerrys914
I am getting ready to book my hotel for the weekend (4/22/06)and had a thought. blink.gif

If anyone else is staying over night we should all try to stay at the same hotel...NOT the same room dry.gif

I stayed at a few in years past they range from $55-$90. I can call the place and see if I can get a block of rooms reserved for a week or so. I'll post the rate and phone # and you just need to call and make your reservation.

Anyone ph34r.gif type.gif
HarveyH
Hi Kerry,
I've always just done it as a day trip. See you and as many others as I can in the aisles.
Harvey
wilchek
kerry,

The wife and I may be in to hang out for a night. I also saw on the central pa sight that they will reserve an area for the 914 club if we ask. I am thinking we should ask for about 20 spots for 914. Other who are going chime in and we can get a number to send to them to keep for us.

IanStott
I'm really looking forward to going, just bought another car and two of the business' I invested in and not doing well so I may not be able to buy much. Thinking meeting other owners and talking about which way they went and who they use for parts etc. may make the trip worthwhile. I have a brother in New Jersey so I will go there and make it a day trip. For those who have been before, is their a lot of vendors and people with booths that have good reliable stuff? I hate the thought of getting back to Canada and finding stuff doesn't fit or it's the wrong year, etc.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
dion9146
I've been there every year since they moved it to Hershey. Some years have been good to me, and some years haven't (but they all rained on me except one I think), but I think of myself as a pretty knowledgeable buyer. I guess it's always buyer beware at a swapmeet, but I have never found anyone deliberately selling junk or trying to mislead.

Me and 3 other guys got our reservations 2 months ago. Too many times we have waited till late Feb or early March and have been stuck way outside of Hershey paying high prices. If you are going to make reservations, do it soon.

I wouldn't miss this event for the world. But for me, it's all about riding out to Hershey In a Suburban or Motorhome with 3 other Porsche nutcases. Between us we have 4 914's, a 930, a 911 racecar, a 911 National concourse winner and a 968. Even if i don't buy anything, it's worth the trip.

Dion
r_towle
Ill be there.
Save me a parking spot.

Somebody bring some hats and stickers to sell, I will buy them there.

Rich
davec
Count me in! I wouldn't miss it for anything except maybe the NO Jazz Fest...
crash914
Day trip for me....hope to see you all there...
VaccaRabite
I don't live far from Hershey at all, and was really looking forward to going. But, it would appear that my dance card is full that day. Camping trip that I thought was set for the first weekend in April is actually the Hershey date. ar15.gif

Zach
scottb
kerry,

let me know the place and rate for one night of 4/22 and i am there. this time with the son in tow. my daughter will be attending the ECC!

cheers,

scott
Kerrys914
smilie_pokal.gif

I'll post the hotel info as soon as I get it. I hope to call around today.

I hope to drive my 914 but that will be a call made closer to the date. unsure.gif

Cheers
SLKWrx
I'll definitely be there, but it'll be a day trip for me as well. If we can arrange it, going out after the show would be a lot of fun.
nomore9one4
We will most likely be there. We may do the hotel.com deal and see what happens We usually get a great rate at the Marriot,but post your hotel info aswell.Thanks.Bob cool_shades.gif
cnavarro
We're staying the the HiLo Express. I'm going to have two spaces at the swap. I don't know if I get any business from setting up, but it's a hell of a lot of fun regardless.
RON S.
Kerry,

I got my room at the Econo Lodge in Grantville.

Price is always about 60-65$.

However,when all the TAXES dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif are added, it's about 80$ dry.gif dry.gif

Ron
crash914
Hey Charles!

I will see you for a beer.gif that you owe me for the cylinder mix up... laugh.gif
cnavarro
Sounds like a plan. There's a sports bar next to the Hershey Grill (don't quote me on that one). The foods pretty good there. beer.gif
djm914-6
I'm thinking of getting a venders spot or two again this year. I don't know what hotel we'll stay in though.
yarin
I'm there every year with my brother. I usually bump into a lot of Rennlist people there as well.

I bought my car last year at Hershey. I'm sure you guys saw it there.
Jaiden
I'm gonna try to get there but it's only 1.5 hours from my house so no need to stay over..
Dr Evil
I'll be there (I live here). Any help with hotel info, let me know.

There is a small Cocoa motel on Cocoa ave....914 Cocoa ave, but its kinda small wink.gif
IanStott
Is their a schedule posted somewhere for this event, ie. a map on how to locate, what time the event starts, any special promo's like a an air show would post " Don't miss the flying Nuns at Noon " kinda thing? All I know so far is the date and it is in Hershey. Is Hershey very big?

Ian Stott
Kerrys914
http://www.cpa-pca.org/

The site is kinda screwy now wacko.gif Just ALT-TAB when the survey pops up?? wacko.gif

Get there early for the good STUFF - stay late for the good DEALS

It is outdoors next to the GIANT Center in Hershey, PA. Just follow the Porsche cars on SAT. wink.gif

Hershey is small BUT It hosts the LARGEST porsche swap on the EAST coast. You'll see some very nice rides and some "interesting" rides.

See you there and no luck on the room info. I did find one for $65 but need to check on the number of rooms available.

driving.gif
nomore9one4
Thanks for the update Kerry! Hope to see ya there!
scottb
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Feb 7 2006, 02:05 PM)

There is a small Cocoa motel on Cocoa ave....914 Cocoa ave, but its kinda small wink.gif

hey mike,

what is the name of the place right at the entrance of your development? there is a bed/breakfast right there if i recall.

cheers!
djm914-6
QUOTE (r_towle @ Feb 6 2006, 10:11 PM)
Ill be there.
Save me a parking spot.

Somebody bring some hats and stickers to sell, I will buy them there.

Rich

Rich, I'll be bringing some of my shirts.

I just sent my payment for two spots and need to at least break even. If anyone has any requests, I'll try to fill them.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Kerry;
I'll be there as usual,let me know what Motel,probbly bring 4 or 5 others from N.W. OHIO. Dave
slap.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE (scottb @ Feb 7 2006, 02:01 PM)
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Feb 7 2006, 02:05 PM)

hey mike,

what is the name of the place right at the entrance of your development? there is a bed/breakfast right there if i recall.

cheers!

1812 house or something on Lingle ave.
I din't think you were the doily and floral wallpaper type, Scott wink.gif If you can't find it, let me know.
HTH
Dr Evil
Also, anyone requiring assistance in setting up just let me know. I woudl be glad to help, gratis of course.

I can get donuts and coffee, too maybe, but ya'll would have to kick down for that as I am a starving student wink.gif Just cost, no overhead.

Man this is gonna rock....I hope I don't have a test the following week dry.gif
db9146
I was thinking about driving up from Atlanta if I could find anyone else from the area looking to share a ride.

Anyone interested?
scottb
1812 house or something on Lingle ave.
I din't think you were the doily and floral wallpaper type, Scott wink.gif If you can't find it, let me know.

YA! SO!?!?

i'm the type that needs a place to sleep for a couple of nights! and if it's warm and cozy with a selection of herbal teas as well.... so be it!

gayfight.gif

anyway, has there been a concensus on a place to stay? i have done some looking around and they seem to be filling up pretty quick. i am now thinking of coming up on friday night, hanging out all day saturday, and leaving sunday morning.

cheers.......
cnavarro
You can see if Jake wants to come up to Hershey. I've been telling him he should go for years. It's just always conflicted with other events.
Kerrys914
Econo Lodge Grantville (717) 469-0631 252 Bow Creek Rd, Grantville, PA 5.78 mi from Hershey

$62.90/night, which is about $69.+ at checkout.

I stayed there two years ago and it wasn't too bad (maybe 5 years old and plenty of parking). It's about 6 mi's away but the drive to the event is a nice back road driving.gif (15mis??) It's nothing fancy. They take dogs, have smoking rooms, and have plenty of rooms. Not too much around for food but Hershey has most of what you will need.

If you guys want to stay intowm I can check further but the prices seem to be closer to $89/night.

LET ME KNOW.
scottb
i just booked here:

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson 8000 Jonestown Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17112-9716

717-651-5100

2 beds for $80 per night plus tax.

per map on yahoo is 6 miles away.

needed a place with an indoor pool to entertain the son so that is why i chose there. they also have free b-fast.

see everyone in hershey! beer.gif

type11969
Gonna try to make it this year since I am so close, seems like every year something comes up. Probably just be a day trip though . . .

Kerry - I just moved into Philly, so if you ever need help with your teener I'm not far away!

-Chris
ws91420
Okay may try to get up there on a day trip. Are we going to set up a place and time to meet? Will anyone wear their 914 Club lanyard and card?
Kerrys914
Lets meet up at one of the 914 guys tables or at the first RUSTY 914 being parted out while it sits on a Uhaul trailer wacko.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif

I am planning on driving my teener up from VA. I am 2.5hrs south of DC. The wife will be following me up with son, support tools, dog, and mother-in-law. (Please don't read an order of importance in that wink.gif ) cool.gif cool.gif laugh.gif

I will be booking two rooms today. The hotel said the rate above is lower then normal. I told them we will be booking 5 rooms and I have AAA (applied to all rooms)
Dr Evil
Kerry, where you are is a perfect location and has easy access to the swap. My mom stayed in Grantville when she came to visit this X-mas. There is potentially some places to check out in Campbelltown or in Palmyra. The distances here are not as far as they sound adn are often down nice back roads. There are a bunch of little motels on the way to my school from my house. I wouldn't suppose that they would be booked as they are off the beaten track. I don't believe that they show up on any yahoo search either.
Kerrys914
driving.gif driving.gif

Booked two rooms beerchug.gif
RON S.
Grantville yeah,

I'll be there somewhere.

See ya there.

Ron
Kerrys914
I plan on heading up on FRIDAY afternoon. If anyone is 914'n up on Friday let me know. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
type47
QUOTE (Kerrys914 @ Feb 8 2006, 06:47 AM)
Lets meet up at one of the 914 guys tables or at the first RUSTY 914 being parted out while it sits on a Uhaul trailer

can i suggest meeting at the dorkiphus site. dorkiphus is a site of mostly MD/VA/DC p- owners (few 914s) but involved
Kerrys914
May be worth a extra day or two guys...

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/schedule/spr...pring/index.asp

Adult Admission:
Wednesday to Saturday: $9 each day, Kids are free

We might hit the show on Friday late afternnon or Sat Late Afternoon??
nomore9one4
Carlisle...Great idea!!
zymurgist
I do it as a day trip (1.5 hours away). I try to get tickets for Hersheypark that day too, since the oil company I buy my heating oil from rents the park for a day each year and it almost always falls on that day.

Don't know if Babydoll or Caroline will make it to Hershey... hopefully both will be there. Otherwise, it may just be me and the Panzer Tank.

BTW, there's a great brewpub in downtown Harrisburg.
Appalachian Brewing Company
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
O.K. another alternative for a motel
Chocolate Town Motel
1806 E. Chocolate Ave.
1-717-535-2330
69.00 single,79.00 Dubl.
Nice Mom and Pop Motel,couple nice restaurants with in
walking distance, also 5 min from the swap. See you all there Dave slap.gif
ft.lbs.
Is it a Porsche swap meet or a general swap meet?April 19-23?
zymurgist
Hershey is for Porsches only. Spring Carlisle is for anything and everything automotive or motorcycle, plus collectibles, clothes, crafts, etc. Spring and Fall Carlisle are general swap meets. Wear comfortable shoes because it's BIG.
ft.lbs.
sorry- brain cramp.Whats the date?
zymurgist
April 19-23.

Carlisle Schedule

By the way, although not really a Porsche event, I normally see more 914's than any other kind of Porsche at the Carlisle Import/Kit/Replicar show. Babydoll has been to one of these, and I'm pretty sure type47 was at the last one (although I didn't see him, I only saw his car). Great show, especially if you want to see some real oddballs (French cars, DKW's, you name it, they got it). Lots of nice British iron and then there are the Fieros. My god, these guys love stuffing V-8's into their mid-engine cars. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.