Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Los Angeles AX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
I see the posts for AX events in Riverside and San Diego counties, but I don't see much happening in Los Angeles County. Am I missing something?
Part Pricer

To have an AX, the first thing you need is a place to hold it. Across the country, lots large enough to hold an AX that are available are few and far between.
KaptKaos
Like Staples, LA Convention Center, Big-ED (I know its OC, but the Angles don't think so), GW Forum or Dodger Stadium???? Not to mention Long Beach stuff.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Rose Bowl and Coliseum too.
Richard Casto
QUOTE (Part Pricer @ Feb 6 2006, 05:12 PM)
To have an AX, the first thing you need is a place to hold it. Across the country, lots large enough to hold an AX that are available are few and far between.

...and they can't cost the local organizer (SCCA, etc.) an arm or leg to rent for the day/weekend.
Allan
Got an old private air field in your area?
KaptKaos
Like Inglewood airport? I think it is still operational.
Allan
I don't know if I would want to go to Inglewood. I know that there is a couple of car clubs here in Kern county that rent a portion of Shafter airport once in awhile to run their cars. It might be worthwhile to contact some of the small airfields.
TonyAKAVW
The San Diego autocross is held at a location that you might think would be costly. Qualcomm Stadium is the only large stadium in San Diego and its not in a remote or crummy location. It may be expensive, but they might have enough people showing up to pay for it.

The same would probably be true here in LA. There's probably a TON of people who would attend an autocross. There are a lot of potential AXers in Orange county too I imagine.

-Tony
Howard
Hey Joe, I just answered this on the bird board biggrin.gif

Closest one I know is put on by PCA Santa Barbara region at the Camarillo airport, right down the street from our WCC 05 Hotel. The other alternative is POC Short Track series at Streets of Willow. IIRC $50 for the AX, $150ish for the 2 day Willow.
MattR
I've autocrossed at the Rose Bowl before... at 1am with a guy on lookout... unsure.gif
Mike D.
PCA GPX region holds two AX a year at Streets of Willow. It's the Day Away From Work AX and it's held on a Monday in May and again in Oct. about $100. and as you can imagine you get a lot of track time on a Monday.

Oh, and I got First in Class last Oct. biggrin.gif

-Mike D.
kdfoust
Calclub SCCA has some AXes at Hollywood Park (none on the schedule yet this year). SCCA also runs at Norton AFB and California Speedway.
KaptKaos
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 6 2006, 04:55 PM)
I've autocrossed at the Rose Bowl before... at 1am with a guy on lookout... unsure.gif

What did your wife and kids say?
MattR
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Feb 6 2006, 07:58 PM)
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 6 2006, 04:55 PM)
I've autocrossed at the Rose Bowl before... at 1am with a guy on lookout...  :unsure:

What did your wife and kids say?

They talk when I let them talk.

mueba.gif

edit: god, that response was waaaay to fast... i need to get a life... like NOW
KaptKaos
So is it worth it to try and organize something like this? Combine the social nature of Joe Sharp's BBQs with a little friendly competition?
porschecb
When I left So. Cal. in 1979 the smog kept us from having any kind of event! laugh.gif laugh.gif Except when I drove PCA TT at RIR in 76/77/78 wavey.gif wub.gif wub.gif laugh.gif Good luck anyway, I also found it tough to find any type of A/X. Did do 3 at UCR! Boy am I old!!!!!!
Elliot_Cannon
We should set up an AX around the block at Joe's house. I don't think his neighbors would mind...much. Then again I used to know a few guys at Huntington Beach PD and maybe that ain't such a good idea. screwy.gif What was I thinking?
Elliot
KaptKaos
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Feb 6 2006, 10:22 PM)
We should set up an AX around the block at Joe's house. I don't think his neighbors would mind...much. Then again I used to know a few guys at Huntington Beach PD and maybe that ain't such a good idea. screwy.gif What was I thinking?
Elliot

You're not even gonna be there flyboy. Sure, get us all in trouble with The Man while you're out in the firendly skies.
yeahmag
This is the group I AX with:

http://solo2.com/

Mostly Cal Speedway these days...

-Aaron
steveinOC
PCA Orange Coast Region AX Schedule
March 26, California Speedway
April 9, California Speedway
May 27, Irwindale Speedway
June 12, Streets of Willow
June 25, Pomona Fairplex
July 8, Pomona Fairplex
September 9, Californa Speedway
October 7, California Speedway
November 19, Irwindale Speedway
December 10, Pomona Fairplex
www.pcaocr.org
Come on out and join me and my 914 for
some fun.

Steve smilie_pokal.gif
hmeeder
I have driven up from SD to do the OC AX at Irwindale. Great venue and they do it multi-lap style.

Would be a relatively straight shot from La-La.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.