Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sound pad adhesive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
davesprinkle
I'm planning to reinstall the shaped tar pad on the firewall (goes between the backpad and the firewall on the interior of the car). The factory used some kind of sprayed-on yellow adhesive. Anyone know what that is and where to get it? Or maybe a good replacement?
tat2dphreak
3m or wurth adhesive spray will work... but I recommend dynamat or similar instead of the stock pad...
SGB
I replaced my pad with stuff from JC Whitney (shhhhh!). I used the 3-m adhesive. It is about three times the cost, but has prolly ten times the adhesion.
Allan
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Feb 6 2006, 02:36 PM)
but I recommend dynamat or similar instead of the stock pad...

agree.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (SGB @ Feb 6 2006, 05:39 PM)
I replaced my pad with stuff from JC Whitney (shhhhh!). I used the 3-m adhesive. It is about three times the cost, but has prolly ten times the adhesion.

I have stuff from mcMasterCarr... cheap, and good... adhesive backing by 3M... no spray, no smelly
smg914
3M Super Weatherstrip Adheasive 08001 in a tube.
dmenche914
contact cement is good for this stuff. general hardware store item. Good luck!
McMark
The only way I've gotten success with spray adhesive is if you take the time to remove all the old glue. That said an hour with some 80 grit sandpaper should do the trick. Pick up some giant magnets to hold the pad in place while it cures. biggrin.gif

BTW, I got your package a few days back. wink.gif Looks great. Installed this week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.