Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystery hole
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brownaar
There is a hole on the driver's side of the large side piece of the engine sheetmetal that is about 1and 1/2 inches in diameter that sits right behind the hole for the warm air tube. It is the hole with the cable coming out of it circled in red. What is this hole/cable for?
Allan
Alternator wiring IIRC.
dmenche914
Uhm, there should be a pair (one on each side) of big holes for the heater hoses,a nd I think (but not dead sure) that some later TIv's had a engine preheater tube, maybe that is it? I believe there would be only one preheat tube and hole.

just a guess.
type47
alternator wiring most likely, or hole for the drain tube. funnel from rain tray to drain tube. 1st guess is alternator.
Allan
I just looked at some old pics and it's alternator wiring.
brownaar
Okay, I should have guessed alternator wiring, but the engines outa the car and partially disassembled, so it wasn't clicking.
Next question........anybody know a part number for the grommet that fits here and if its still available?
VaccaRabite
Get grommets from Home Depot or Napa. Same size, and probably way cheaper.

Zach
ClayPerrine
The grommet is NLA....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.