Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT- my other 4 cylinder german car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SGB
Its a 318 is. 1991.
Lotsa fun- Same dual overhead cam 16 valve engine as the e36 models of 92-94, but lighter, and with the same suspension set up as a M3. They are really cheap having all bottomed out at around $1500 to $4500, but the basic package is still there and there are a bunch of performance upgades. The engines are supposed to be long-lived and I guess I'll see.

The 914 is enjoying a little rest. I've got some push rod tube seal replacements in the works, so some of the cooling tin is off but it gets used a few times a week anyway- weather permitting.

So here is a link to a similar board I've found for these cars. Best part is that these guys are jokers too! Maybe not quite as clever as the 914club, but I.m trying to loosen 'em up a little more....the bimmerforums
stock93
Post a few pics of it. I like E30s a lot myself. I'd love to have an E30 M3 but they are up there $$$ wise. You know I ended up going to BMW technician training right? I may be coming back to Huntsville to work at the dealership there.

John
rick 918-S
I left you a message. ph34r.gif
Brett W
Lets put a turbo on it. welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
TROJANMAN
thanks for the link. i am currently in the market for one, but am having a hard time finding what i am looking for.
wink.gif
alpha434
QUOTE (SGB @ Feb 6 2006, 06:24 PM)

The 914 is enjoying a little rest. I've got some push rod tube seal replacements in the works, so some of the cooling tin is off but it gets used a few times a week anyway- weather permitting.

I changed all eight of my pushrod tube in two hours with the engine in the car. Just thought you should know that it can be done.

The bimmer sounds great, though. I hope it lasts a long time. The forum looks very appealing. Good to have that kind of support behind a project.

Biturbo, agumented by a centrifugal supercharger. And a flame paint job. Don't forget MS.
Cap'n Krusty
Drive it hard, and make sure the crankcase ventilation works. Those things commonly have to have the head off to decarbon them. Around towners get so much buildup they lose all compression. Done 2 of them, and they're the only 2 I've worked on! The Cap'n
dlo914
very fun cars! my buddy got lucky and found an 87' 325is for only $1550. BTW does the 318is come w/ an LSD?
TROJANMAN
i almost forgot

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Kargeek
I have been driving Bimmers for over 25 years. I still have my '74 2002. The E30's are geat cars. A key issue on the four banger in your car is the profile gasket on the cylinder head- most have been replaced on recall.

I want one in alpine white..BBS wheels...
alpha434
There's one for sale outside of my apartment complex. 3000.00usd. Pretty quick. It's a buddy's car. If anyone in CO is interested.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.