Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Need help finding a DD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
i am totally frustrated at this point, because i am having no luck in finding what i am looking for. here is what i have tried so far:

autotrader.com
cars.com
craigslist (denver, oc, sd, la, sf, phx, and lv)
vehix.com (this morning b/c i saw a commercial, and it SUCKS bigtime)
ebay

it seems all of the cars i want are on the east coast or midwest (salt states), and i would really prefer a car from the southwest. and for some reason, no one in california knows how to drive a manual transmission, because all of the 5 speeds are on the east coast. wacko.gif

any other data bases that you guys might recommend?

thanks
beer.gif

bondo
Got any local free car ad mags? They're usually in front of grocery stores and convenience stores. Usually deals can be found in those, but not all areas have them.

Maybe you're just too picky? laugh.gif
Cap'n Krusty
What kind of DD are you looking for? A 1976 teener? Got a nice one. An Audi? Got 2. A Volvo? Got one. A 1970 Opel Kadett? Got one. A 1973 VW Bus with a 2.4 911E engine and a 5 speed? Mark's got one. A Vanagon Syncro? Got one. All for sale .............. The Cap'n
Toast
Victoria Secrets

biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
You might find a DD under a lawyer.... wink.gif

(Ducking for cover....)
SteveL
Hooters??
dmenche914
Ok what part does DD stand for? Might be able to help, but I am not up on the DD acronym.
Toast
Double Dipped
TROJANMAN
you guys are all funny like a bunch of f'n clown.gif clown2.gif jester.gif
finger.gif

i should have simply asked WHERE ELSE CAN I LOOK?

and yes, i am very picky, but i didn't think about the car mags. thanks smile.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (dmenche914 @ Feb 7 2006, 02:15 PM)
Ok what part does DD stand for? Might be able to help, but I am not up on the DD acronym.

well - it's not an acrynym unless you stutter...

but i believe in this context it is an initialism for 'Daily Driver' ...
Allan
In this case I think DD = Dave Darling... wink.gif
736conver
I thought is was Dave Darling biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Feb 7 2006, 10:20 AM)
but i believe in this context it is an initialism for 'Daily Driver' ...

thank you for being the mature one beer.gif

but the DD jokes were funny too lol2.gif
736conver
Allen,

It looks like you beat me to it.
Cap'n Krusty
You STILL haven't told us what kind of DD you're looking for. Remember me? I'm the guy who actually answered your question! The Cap'n
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 7 2006, 10:30 AM)
You STILL haven't told us what kind of DD you're looking for.  Remember me?  I'm the guy who actually answered your question!  The Cap'n

sorry, i wasn't ignoring you. i was just trying not to mention how particular i am in my search. wink.gif

ideally.............a 97 or 98 M3 sedan.
but i would settle for a 3 series or 5 series 5 speed, probably no newer than a 2000 to fit my budget, and no older than a 94. mileage under 90k and not RED or Boston Green.

was also considering an 02 9-3 (but not high on the list)

Cap'n Krusty
Oh. Sorry, I'm an Audi guy. Dollar for dollar, better cars for the money. Not for people who have to keep up with fashion, though. The Cap'n
1bad914
I have a 328i with 82k miles that I was thinking about selling. Silver with the sport package, sunroof, 5-speed. Only problem is it is a mid-coaster car. Never driven in the winter until this year. dry.gif I gave my trusty winter ride to the 16 year old daughter and have not replaced it.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 7 2006, 10:39 AM)
Oh.  Sorry, I'm an Audi guy.  Dollar for dollar, better cars for the money.  Not for people who have to keep up with fashion, though.  The Cap'n

i really used to be a fan, but have seen too many people have problems with them lately. but an s4 would be really cool.

and i drive a 914. hardly fashionable. biggrin.gif
sgomes
Yeah yeah...back to the REAL topic...

I'm lookin' for someone with DD's that's a D.D. smilie_pokal.gif

ok, now back to your regularly scheduled programming
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Feb 7 2006, 10:54 AM)
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 7 2006, 10:39 AM)
Oh.  Sorry, I'm an Audi guy.  Dollar for dollar, better cars for the money.  Not for people who have to keep up with fashion, though.  The Cap'n

i really used to be a fan, but have seen too many people have problems with them lately. but an s4 would be really cool.

and i drive a 914. hardly fashionable. biggrin.gif

I was kidding about the "fashionable", although it IS pretty trendy to have a Bimmer. What you want is a 92-94 Ur S4. Lot of them on the audifans marketplace right now. To tell you the truth, we see far more BMWs for repairs than for service, and fewer Audis for repairs than we do for service. The Cap'n
jasons
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Feb 7 2006, 10:34 AM)

ideally.............a 97 or 98 M3 sedan.
but i would settle for a 3 series or 5 series 5 speed, probably no newer than a 2000 to fit my budget, and no older than a 94. mileage under 90k and not RED or Boston Green.

Have you tried www.roadfly.com ?

I will just tell you... I have a 98 540i Sport 6 speed and I love it. Fast (amost 300hp), comfortable, the fold down rear seats hold lots of cargo. I looked at one e36 M3(a car I really like BTW) and I am not sure the quality compares to the 5. The 3's seem a little cheaper. I still love the look of the e36 M3 and I still lust for one.

And yeah, stay away from the green ones, they look too uppity or something. Also, there are purple M3's, another color I would stay away from.

You could consider an e34 M5. They are probably in your price range, they are rare but sweet.

Good luck with the hunt
TROJANMAN
I drove a 99 528 and 98 540 back to back and wasn't super impressed. i actually preferred the under powered 528 to the 540. then i drove a 3 series the next day, and loved it. i prefer small and quick rather than big and powerful.
i'll check roadfly. thanks

I did find 2 new M3's on autotrader today. same mileage, but about $2,000 difference in price. the problem is the cheaper one is white.
The M3 sedan is not a very common car, so i wonder if i should sit and wait, or just buy what i can find.
jasons
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Feb 7 2006, 12:53 PM)
then i drove a 3 series the next day, and loved it. i prefer small and quick rather than big and powerful.

Yeah I can buy that. My 5 is kinda like an old mans car.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (jasons @ Feb 7 2006, 12:59 PM)
Yeah I can buy that. My 5 is kinda like an old mans car.

i really thought i wanted one, and that's all i was looking at for a while. plus, they are almost equally priced with the 3 series, so they are pretty good bargains. i'd still consider the 528, but i think i've ruled out the 540. smile.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 7 2006, 12:29 PM)
What you want is a 92-94 Ur S4. Lot of them on the audifans marketplace right now.

why those years?
ClayPerrine
Ok.. now I am friggin offended... ar15.gif

I have a 95 BMW 540.... and I am NOT an old man...... mad.gif

And it's Green.... finger.gif
jasons
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Feb 7 2006, 01:29 PM)
Ok.. now I am friggin offended... ar15.gif

I have a 95 BMW 540.... and I am NOT an old man...... mad.gif

And it's Green.... finger.gif

You have an e34 then? You are exempt from all that because you have a "usable classic" You have the last year of one of the prettiest BMW's made and with a V8. Your car also has the wide snout grill.

Don't feel bad, I've owned 2 5's (e34,e39) and I'm not an old man either.

But neither of them were green.

poke.gif
bd1308
beer.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Feb 7 2006, 10:12 AM)
You might find a DD under a lawyer.... wink.gif

Well, not at this minute... She's not home right now!! wink.gif (Why do you think I'm on the Club board?)

On the M3 subject, just keep looking. A friend of mine picked up a ~99 M3 convertible last year for what seemed to be "decent" money. Yes, manual transmission. He had a number of candidate cars that he was researching over the previous three months or so. I think he looked in the same places the original poster mentioned (e.g., autotrader.com, cars.com, craigslist, etc.) and he eventually found one he liked.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that the convertibles were reputed to be for "rich secretaries". wink.gif

--DD
dlo914
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Feb 7 2006, 12:53 PM)
I drove a 99 528 and 98 540 back to back and wasn't super impressed.  i actually preferred the under powered 528 to the 540.  then i drove a 3 series the next day, and loved it.  i prefer small and quick rather than big and powerful.  

I did find 2 new M3's on autotrader today.  same mileage, but about $2,000 difference in price.  the problem is the cheaper one is white.
The M3 sedan is not a very common car, so i wonder if i should sit and wait, or just buy what i can find.

mid last year i was able to attend a test drive event Lexus held @ Dodger Stadium. Out of all the cars there, a new 3 rocked and the 5 series was mediocre. The 3 series was awesome and i loved the steering assist system, but the 5 was just a heavy slug. Oh yea the lexus'es were fun too, but the bimmers were better biggrin.gif BTW what's your budget again?
Speedster07
QUOTE (Toast @ Feb 7 2006, 12:12 PM)
Victoria Secrets

biggrin.gif

Venus USA is better KMA.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.