Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel hose diameters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
I'm redoing all of the fuel lines with this project. I bought steel brake lines from NAPA for about $4 a piece following pelican's article. I might end up bending the lines with a tube bender instead of using a 90deg fitting.

These are the sizes i've gathered so far:

Supply: 3/8"
Return: 5/16"

Fuel Rail: 5/16"
Fuel pressure regulator: 5/16"
Fuel filter: 3/8"

I'd like to put an inline fuel pressure gauge near the fuel rail using this stuff:

1/8" fuel gauge 0-60psi
1/8" in line 3/8" adapter

How did you guys put the 3/8" inline on the fuel rail side? With a 5/16" -> 3/8" adapter? Or did you end up placing the inline gauge on the 3/8" side next to the fuel filter?
Mueller
my gauge is inside the engine compartment (fuel pump and filter up front)...used a "t" similar to that fitting and plumbed in before the pressure regulator........
yarin
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 7 2006, 03:55 PM)
my gauge is inside the engine compartment (fuel pump and filter up front)...used a "t" similar to that fitting and plumbed in before the pressure regulator........

A 3/8 tee or 5/16 tee?
Mueller
QUOTE (yarin @ Feb 7 2006, 04:59 PM)
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 7 2006, 03:55 PM)

A 3/8 tee or 5/16 tee?

i'm pretty sure my fuel line is 8mm...so 5/16"
yarin
Any idea where I can get that adapter in 8mm / 5/16" ?

It doesn't seem to exist anywhere.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.