Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: look at the freaky tile job
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
Test of my patience wacko.gif

9' tall walk-in shower.
1x1 mosaic shower pan to match the floor tiles.

KT
Trekkor
to the ceiling ohmy.gif
Sparky
Why to the ceiling and not 72"? Looks great!!
Trekkor
corner shelf
rhodyguy
YIPES!!! toiling for hours just to get up the first 3 '. your knees and back must have been killing you. i bet that project ate up some grout. dry.gif

k
Brian Mifsud
LOOKS nice.... but what a bitch to keep the clean.... mold heaven
Trekkor
last-

Ponder this:

Each vertical foot required 84 cuts for a total of 756 cuts headbang.gif

432 outside mitres yawn.gif

Tight joint, brick layout with white thinset as grout where is sqeezed through the cracks.

My wife helped on this one. We were setting about 15 square feet per day mad.gif

KT
Trekkor
Cleaning headbang.gif

This will blow you away, but there was a perfectly good tub/shower I tore out in this home that the homeowners NEVER even used once in five years. ohmy.gif

They have no plans to use this one either. confused24.gif
This bathroom is downstairs near the garage, away from everything else.
There is a half bath close to the kitchen, living and dining rooms that will get the bulk of the use.

All the bedrooms are upstairs, so this shower would be a pain to use if you were a house guest.

For show...

KT
rhodyguy
i never even considered the time at the wet saw. someone had a few damp days. you must have bid that one pretty fat.

k
Joe Ricard
Must be nice to be the guy who can just write the check for that kind of work.

My question since I am doing this next is how do you make the floor water proof and join the drain piping?
rhodyguy
guy that can write checks for that kind of work, pay for race car buildups for tile setters. biggrin.gif

k
IronHillRestorations
Obviously they didn't want a shower, cause they got a work of ART!!! smilie_pokal.gif That is beautiful workmanship Trekkor! Good to know it will last forever, cause it sounds like it won't get used much.
swood
Not to hijack....but...its quartz related.

Golden ray ledgstone.

I love quartz!

Trek, that shower is awesome!! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.