Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Positive and negative from battery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
The original engine is gone, fried all the wiring. Paid to have new harness installed, but not sure where exactly the cables go. I assume that the negative attaches to Trans somewhere, and the positive goes to one side of the starter.

Any pictures would help.

Also the voltage requlator was attached to the battery tray, with leads burnt off. It was a 75 1.8, the new engine is a 1.7. It appears that it will just attach to the relay board.

Any help would be appreciated
wacko.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Mikey914 @ Feb 7 2006, 07:22 PM)
The original engine is gone, fried all the wiring. Paid to have new harness installed, but not sure where exactly the cables go. I assume that the negative attaches to Trans somewhere, and the positive goes to one side of the starter.

Any pictures would help.

Also the voltage requlator was attached to the battery tray, with leads burnt off. It was a 75 1.8, the new engine is a 1.7. It appears that it will just attach to the relay board.

Any help would be appreciated
wacko.gif

negative wire from battery goes to a stud mounted on the wall near the battery (there is a seperate ground strap that attaches to the back of the tranny to a stud on the trunk floor)

postive wire goes to starter

the VR is always on the relay board, that might have been the dual relay for the L-Jet you see under the battery

914 electrical diagrams
Mikey914
This is a picture that confused me. It appeared that the starter had both positive and negative attached.
Mueller
yellow is starter wire (only has power when key turned on to activate the starter)

other wires should be to + battery and from the alternator (how the car gets its charge)

Mueller
someone was lazy or stupid and used a black wire instead of red..... smile.gif
bd1308
unless they knew that black was actually another color for 12V+.

he should have used a giant BROWN wire biggrin.gif

b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.