Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Craigs list 914.. CHEAP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Twystd1
Project car that runs

I don't know the seller. Just happened by it..

Twystd1
Twystd1
Bump..

Someone call this guy...
McMark
I don't need any more 914s and I don't know of anyone who's looking. Sorry.
Brent
Milpitas is where I work. I will do a drive by.
Allan
Who in their right mind would buy an old 914 when they could buy a newer car with less problems and better reliability?

Jeez guys. Screw yer heads on... laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Brent @ Feb 8 2006, 06:38 PM)
I will do a drive by.

what's your weapon of choice?

idea.gif Andy
Mueller
QUOTE (Brent @ Feb 8 2006, 07:38 PM)
Milpitas is where I work. I will do a drive by.

let me know when you go, I'm in Fremont near NUMMI and I've been craving a sandwhich from Lee's (viet style)
jonwatts
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 8 2006, 11:27 PM)
let me know when you go, I'm in Fremont near NUMMI and I've been craving a sandwhich from Lee's (viet style)

People crave those things? I thought it was just a cheap alternative to food.
Mueller
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Feb 9 2006, 12:38 AM)
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 8 2006, 11:27 PM)

People crave those things? I thought it was just a cheap alternative to food.

great deal for $2.75 chowtime.gif
Brent
Just had a Lee's last night, Grilled Pork with Thai Iced Tea. Good eats for $5.50.
neo914-6
I work in Milptas too, let me know when you want to go to Lees... biggrin.gif
Brent
Car is in Alviso, right between us. Funny, I bought my first project from there.
Brent
Felix, get Mueller on the phone.
Mueller
What a POS................

With help from Jon Watts we found the car...(Felix, nor Brent or I had the guys number and we got lost screwy.gif )

Felix has pictures.......

'72 chassis, with a 1.7(or 1.8 if swapped) with Britts favorite single progressive carb installed....

Rust all around the windshield, I bet if you hit the window from the outside it would pop right out.....ugly turbine looking finned western wheels (worth more for scrap aluminum), interior totally thrashed

not a straight panel....no front bumper, rusty chrome rear bumper, loos like the car lived near a saltwater beach....

Lunch was good, I had what they call "pork" for my sandwhich and an Iced Coffee......mmmmmm good chowtime.gif
Brent
Mike, you hit the nail on the head, pos. Even Pimp My Ride would go the way of the Scion on this one.

Real nice meeting you, and hearing the girls are doing good. and thanks for the lunch conversation.

Felix, if you need another set of hands and eyes for 914 work, just give me a holler. I have too much time during week nights, now I'm practically single again.

One classic thing about non 914 people selling these cars, listed on Craigs list as 74, For Sale sign in the trunk for $800 and 71, yet Mike found sticker stated 72. screwy.gif
neo914-6
not worth parts even if it was free...
neo914-6
total resto needed...
neo914-6
no complete loss, at least we had an impromptu "club" lunch afterwards... biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
another example of Kalifornia's inflated sense of value. hell, wees hillbillys can pertnear' git 3 cars fer tha price.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.