Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Top - Rear Latch Cover Plates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1974porsche914
Do yours look like mine?

IPB Image

I can't find a new set of these anywhere? Or even used (unbroken) ones!
Does anybody out there have a source for these?
Or even a part #?

You know, I've had three 914s in the family (dad and brother had a 914 also) and these were broken on all of them!

My alternative is to CNC mill a set from billet aluminum.
I'd then polish them and anodize them either clear or black.

Let me know before I spend time and go through the trouble of reverse engineering these things.

Thanks!
Bleyseng
The early ones are metal and tougher, the later ones are plastic that breaks when you look at in. Try to find some early ones.

Geoff
boxstr
Do you want metal or plastic?? I have both.
CCLINCAMP914
1974porsche914
Metal would be nice! smile.gif
Rusty
I think I have a couple of used ones. PM me.

I'll look this weekend, and for the cost of shipping (and a beer sometime), you can have them.
1974porsche914
Lawerence,

Thanks! Let me know if you dig 'em up and I'll give you my shipping address.

Greg
1974porsche914
Still waiting to get confirmation on an available set.

Are these still available as NOS parts?
If so, where can I get them and for how much?
Anybody got part #s

Anybody else interested in a set if I actually reproduce some of these in aluminum?
I'm not sure what the cost would be until I actually spend some time in CAD on these and get a better idea of what it will take to machine them. But it's definitely do-able.

LMK,
Greg
zeppelin71
10-4 on this... one of the first things I did with my new 914 was take those out and try to straighten them.

SNAP sad.gif

dam!

Haven't seen any used ones either sad.gif

Oh yah... and had to put my passenger sun visor on the seat while cleaning the visors only to accidently sit on it and break the mirror DOH! Any suggestions for replacing the mirror inside the visor?

I think my 914 is scared of me.

cheers,
Markus
1974porsche914
Bueller?... Anyone?, Anyone?...
Andyrew
I also have a pass sun visor mirror thats broken, and I bought a sun visor with a good mirror, but the visor is junk. do I need to unstitch my old visor to put in the new mirror or what? Not that I use it, but incase I tote around a girl, I dont want her to think my car is junk just because it has a mirror broken....

Andrew

I have the mirror, just not the girl laugh.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Greg, I have two sets on two different cars. cast metal on a 73 and plastic on a 75.

Andrew, the girls will be impressed with your charm, personality, and getting wet from the cars performance. Not a "vanity" mirror! LOL! wub.gif
Just remember to open the door for them so they don't break your door handle
Andyrew
Andrew, the girls will be impressed with your charm, personality, and getting wet from the cars performance. Not a "vanity" mirror! LOL!  
Just remember to open the door for them so they don't break your door handle

I was joking laugh.gif .

I want it changed because thats the only thing noticably wrong with my interior...
TheCabinetmaker
Andrew, I was joking also. Except for the part about them breaking your door handle. I always open the door for a passenger who has never been in my car before, and I don't let them shut the trunk lids either! ar15.gif
Rusty
Greg,

I looked around last night, and couldn't find them. Either I gave them away already, or they're lost.

Sorry. sad.gif

-Rusty
boxstr
I will bring some metal ones to Ventura with me.
CCLINGERMANAUTOFESTMODE
1974porsche914
Craig,

How much do you want for them?
What day(s) will you be at the show?
How can I find you?

LMK,
Greg
boxstr
Greg I will be there Friday night and leave Monday morning. I will be at the event Sat. morning and Sunday. My cell number is 503-799-5794.
Look for a guy who looks like this.
boxstr
This guy...
CCLINGERMANAUTOFEST
1974porsche914
Craig,

Looks like I won't be able to make it to German Auto Fest after all.

How much do you want for that metal set?
Maybe I can have you just ship them to me.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.