Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door window and seal aren't aligned
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
My driver's side door doesn't close very well because the glass does not seat into the rubber seal on the "B" pillar. How can this be corrected, it's off by quite a bit. thanks.

Doug C
freezing14
first thing first,, have you checked you longs,, do the big butt test to see if the car flex,, if it does not ,, then it is just a matter of adjusting the window,, just remove the door panel and you will see the adjustment,screws,
redshift
Uhh.. B pillar? The back?

Take the seal out, look at the mounting of the thingy..

Please, be specific.

biggrin.gif

M
SirAndy
QUOTE (DougC @ Feb 8 2006, 07:49 AM)
How can this be corrected, it's off by quite a bit. thanks.

post a pic ...

if the gap is too big, you got some other problem.
longs rotted, car made out of two halves, something along those lines ...

cool.gif Andy
DougC
The longs are in really good shape, some of the best I've seen... nice and clean. Don't have a picture of them handy though. I think this issue popped up after I removed, painted and replaced the center metal strip (divides the triangle window from the main window) the back seal unit wasn't installed at the time though. But it doesn't look like there is much adjustment to the long metal dividing piece at the bottom of the door shell.

Doug C
freezing14
there is 2 adjustment for the window,, the one on top ( not really adjustable) and the bottom one,, the best way to do is to close the door with all the screw loose hold the window at the right place and tighten all the bolt, the one fron the bottom only adjust invard/ outward,, you might have to "" ovalize"" some holes
DougC
The adjustment screw on the bottom is the one for the window "dividing" piece that I was talking about or is it something else? Yep, that hole ovalizing is probably what I'll need to do.. thanks

Doug C
neo914-6
Doug,

I have mine torn apart for my mods so I know what you're talking about. If all you did was remove and replace the rail at the triangular window that shouldn't have affected the b-pillar alignment much. The rail at the lockside of the door should be parallel and you'd have problems rolling your window up and down if it is not. Pics would be helpful.
DougC
Thanks guys, I'm going to take a good look this evening at the areas you pointed out and I'll shoot some pics if it looks too confusing - thanks!

Doug C
Eric_Shea
If you're 'ovaling' holes, somethings wrong.

You can adjust the frame as mentioned or, it could be that the seal on the B pillar is off for some reason. You would have to take the seal out and adjust the track and then slide the seal back in. Use sylicone spray if you have to go that route.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.