Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 upholstery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
freezing14
Ok my -6 to be restored came with hound's tooth insert,, anyone knows who make it i will need at least 2 yards of the stuff

by the way was it a rare option or did all the white car came with it
736conver
I hear the original stuff is hard to come by. And if you do find it $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

But there are Repo versions. Just check your local auto upholstery shop.

Heres a thread from pelican

Pelican Hounds tooth
redshift
Houndstooth ROCKS!

M
maxwelj
Mine is white, and was basketweave originally. I've changed to corduroy.
TravisNeff
I redid one of my seats myself and the cushions I did in a small houndstooth pattern with black vinyl on the bolsters. Turned out OK for my first time trying. I don't think I have a pic, and the seat is in storage right now.
olav
My car came with hound's tooth. I still have a swatch of it.
dmenche914
Had hounds tooth fabric in my Triumph Spitfire it was standard in the later years (mine is 1980 year) You might be able to obtain fabric from a british car store.
Porsche Rescue
A restored car featured in Excellence a few years ago had houndstooth inserts. It was a European delivery car. Article was titled "Irish Cream". I saved it but have temporarily loaned it out. Car is the most fastidious restored 914-6 I have ever seen. By coincidence I met the fellow who restored it (car has since been sold). His first name is Robert and he lives near Thousand Oaks, CA. I think he had great difficulty finding the correct fabric. He might be able to help you. Send me a PM and I will tell you how you might reach him.
double-a
sms auto fabrics

they have several warehouses full of tens of thousands of oem fabric rolls, and they can also recreate fabric on their looms. i recently visited their warehouse down in canby, oregon... mostly domestic stuff there, but they can probably match anything. call and ask for a sample, or send them a pic of the fabric.

~a
seanery
I always wanted a houndstooth suit. biggrin.gif

user posted image
rick 918-S
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 8 2006, 09:10 AM)
Houndstooth ROCKS!

M

agree.gif clap56.gif
freezing14
I will look into all the link and pm the right guy,, thanks
ninefourteener
This was an interior pic of my first teener.

I thought those seats were the most god-awful things about the car. I "thought" they were just something somebody threw in there

Were they original? Did I own a rare-option car and not even know about it?
East coaster
Mmmmmmmmmm.........houndstooth GT seat wub.gif
freezing14
HHYHUUUUMMMM i like the GT seat,, cool
freezing14
i have been on the PP link and there is 2 version 60$ for 3 yard ship close to original and 1000$ WTF.gif for 2 yard of real,, by the way was the fabric the same for the 911rs and the 914
brer
post me a 1:1 scan of some original and i can source it most likely.
I have access to 100's of thousands of prints and materials here at work.

dmenche914
i'd be careful of buying NOS fabric, would it not deteriorate of over 30+ year of storage?, at any rate the repro is over 20 time cheaper.
TravisNeff
That fabric patter was used in lots of cars from the 60's it should be cheap to find. I found a smaller basketweave material at a local fabric shop for a couple bucks a yard
dkos
What does it cost to have a seat reupholstered? I'd like to go plaid.

RON S.
I've also wondered about the pattern of the seats in my 6r.

They came that way I assume.I have always thought that they were hounds tooth.

I also found this website last year,SMS auto fabrics.They are in Ohio.They claim to carry the worlds largest selection of auto fabric in bolts.Mostly American cars,but ya never know.

http://www.smsautofabrics.com/index.html

Ron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.