Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What kind of car is this??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Saw this by a job I am starting, what is it??

Geoff
Bleyseng
another
seanery
looks like an mga to me?

well, kinda from the side. The front looks like a locomotive.
Bleyseng
Kind of but its fiberglass I think.
J P Stein
Kaiser....Darin, maybe?
mikester
Triumph? Saw one like it on the road today actually. "What the hell is she doing with that on the freeway?!?"

Her license plate boarder said "My other car is a TR-4" or something.
si2t3m
It does have the shape of an MGA but the front grill look fugly???

First pic really makes it look funny. Almost like a cartoon...

Marc-André
Bleyseng
Maybe its Roger Rabbits car!
boxstr
It's a Devin, I bought a 914 from a guy who had one under a tarp, and I snooped around while he was gone. That one looks decent.
CCLINAUTOWORLD
Joseph Mills
The real Batmans car?

The side view, from the windshield back, does look a lot like an old MGA.

I've NEVER seen a front end like that! So, I would guess it's a kit car.

Have you checked the longitudinals yet? laugh.gif
scotty
It's a Devin
Dang, I was going to vote for A.C.
Joe Bob
Yeah...my first guess was a MGA.....is the boat a Glaspar?
URY914
Wish I had a couple of those jack stands.
tdgray
Since my other car is an MGA laugh.gif The doors are way to low to be an MGA. It almost looks like a modified Triumph TR-3. What an UGLY Grille though. I've never seen a Devin but that certainly looks like fiberglass to me.

Todd
1960 MGA
1973 914 1.7L
drew365
A guy here in S. Cal named Muntz built a car that looked like that. His doors slid forward into the front fenders so I don't think that's one of them.
Bleyseng
Craig, any other info on it than that???

Yeah MikeZ the boat is a Glaspar. There are lots of those boats sitting in peoples yards around here, most have no motor soo they sit.

Geoff
tat2dphreak
looks like a jacked up triumph to me... possibly a triumph kit?
GWN7
It could be an Austin A35 or a Turner variant Like these: Turner Cars

If it's a Turner, there are only 260 known to exist. Manufactured from 1949 to 1964. Ten models, total production 685

Why not knock on their door and ask?
jnp914
The Turners that I have seen had a different rear than that. Up until a couple of years ago Larry Moulton out of Utah raced one very successfully in SCCA, went to the Run Offs every year. That is not like his.

And it is not a Kaiser-Darrin with forward sliding doors.

It is ugly enough to be a Jowett Jupiter. And that grill is nasty enough to have been banged out in someone's metal shop class.

Sneak back and take a peek underneath. If it has lever shocks it might point to a Triumph or MG frame with a fiberglass body.
VegasRacer
Here is a photo of a Devin. Many of the lines do seem to be the same. The front hood also looks correct. The windshield is different. Don't know what to say about that cow catcher grill.
boxstr
The grille looks totally foreign, like it was never mean't to be with that body, except the owner wanted it.And he or she made it work.

CCLINDEVINVILLE
DuckRyder
It looks too big to be english?

My guess is smoe kind of kit car with 'merican running gear.
GWN7
So did you knock on the door and ask them what it is?
Bleyseng
Yes, twice no answer. Today the boat is gone, so I went an peaked at the car. Definately a British car. Looks like 60's vintage to me, instruments and all that. Not american running gear at all. I will swing by late in the day to catch someone home to ask.

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.