Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Visiting Charlotte NC in March
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
riverman
I'm going to be in Charlotte from March 10-17 house and teenager-sitting for a friend of my wife's family. While I'm in town I was hoping to play some golf and maybe catch a Hurricane's game.

Can anyone recommend some nice public courses to play (or get me priviledges on a nice private one)? I realize the courses won't be at their best, so I don't want to pay top-dollar but I don't want to play some cow pasture either. I'm an 8 handicapper, so I'd like a little challenge. I also like interesting layouts - you know, pretty courses.

On the Tuesday night, I noticed the 'Canes are in town against the Rangers. Since hockey tickets are little hard to come by up here, I thought this might be a good opportunity to take in some NHL action. I checked on-line and there are lots of tickets left. Should I get some now, or would just showing up at the box-office be okay? The reason I ask is because I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to go, so if I can wait as long as possible to get tickets it would be better. How are scalper prices down there?

What other things should I check out while there? I'll have my wife and 4 yr-old daughter with me.
jdogg
One comment on the 'Canes..they play their home games at the RBC Center in Raleigh, which is about a 3 hour drive from Charlotte. If you can get good tickets now online, I'd do that. The folks around here love the 'Canes, and those seats will fill up fast.

http://www.carolinahurricanes.com/schedule...amecalendar.asp

Sorry, no connections in the Charlotte area. I do know they have a nice TPC course there, not sure what it takes to get on it though.

Asheville is only a short drive from Charlotte, would be pretty in early spring in the mountains of NC. Tour the Biltmore house, drive the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you are into Nascar, most of the teams are based in Charlotte and offer tours of their shops.

Enjoy your visit, should be slightly warmer than Canada in March......

riverman
QUOTE (jdogg @ Feb 8 2006, 01:56 PM)
One comment on the 'Canes..they play their home games at the RBC Center in Raleigh, which is about a 3 hour drive from Charlotte.

Thanks. I thought they played out of Charlotte. Oops.
jdogg
You could catch a little NBA action with the Charlotte Bobcats if you were so inclined...
nomore9one4
We where just in Charlotte a few months back. Most beautiful city I have been in,very clean. we stayed at the Ballantine Resort. I do not golf, but they have a nice course.Enjoy. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.