Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You know that old bad news comes in 3s thing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Well......
Last night my little girl was out roller skating and fell into the curb and broke her arm huh.gif THATS 1

Today I get a call from Barb. Matt was screwing around at school and got his sholder dislocated and it didnt go back in all the way so she is on the way to an Orthopredist sad.gif THATS 2

Tonight Cam has baseball try outs for the Plano HS team wacko.gif wacko.gif I wonder if I can talk him into skipping headbang.gif

Aaron Cox
ouch.....

hope all works out for the best.
rhodyguy
tell him "not to crowd the plate and stay away from the high cheese".

k
tat2dphreak
man, I'm sorry to hear that! ohmy.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Feb 8 2006, 10:40 AM)
tell him "not to crowd the plate and stay away from the high cheese".

k

Ouch... Rough day.

As for Baseball, tell him to keep his hands back, to wait on the breaking balls and hit them to right (assuming he's a righty). I also like/teach to keep your back foot slightly pigeon-toed (pointing towards the pitcher) as it allows the batter to better open the hips and generate more power.

Good luck!
Root_Werks
Lock the kids in a padded room for the rest of the day? sad.gif Yikes!
rick 918-S
Those bad things give us strength for the next wave. Hang tough and make the try outs.
redshift
Ouchy! It'll be ok. Kids mend fast...

The question is.... do you trust the toilet you are going to sit on later?

ohmy.gif

smile.gif

M
nomore9one4
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 8 2006, 11:12 AM)

ohmy.gif

smile.gif

M

chairfall.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 8 2006, 11:12 AM)

ohmy.gif

smile.gif

M

laugh.gif

That made me laugh out load.
Porsche Rescue
Plano? Is that the "Friday Night Lights" high school?
I read the book, missed the movie.
spare time toys
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Feb 8 2006, 03:14 PM)
Plano? Is that the "Friday Night Lights" high school?
I read the book, missed the movie.

I think it was Odessa Permian. They may have played Plano in the show I cant remember. Didnt read the book.
Porsche Rescue
Yep, now it comes back. Odessa was the featured school but they played against Plano (may even have been a championship game). Long time ago.
Eric_Shea
Put a staple in your finger now... take one for the kids.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Feb 8 2006, 02:30 PM)
Yep, now it comes back. Odessa was the featured school but they played against Plano (may even have been a championship game). Long time ago.

Betty graduated from Plano Sr High.....

Football is like a religion there.

Lou W
Just make sure Cam does not slide into home plate with his arm behind his back, that's how I broke mine in Little League. wink.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Feb 8 2006, 04:12 PM)
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Feb 8 2006, 02:30 PM)

Betty graduated from Plano Sr High.....

Football is like a religion there.

like everywhere else in TX...

my hometown has 3500 people, but a football stadium that hold 15k... and they are in the process of getting another... because the one they build 14 years ago isn't big enough or nice enough anymore...

the town was even on 20/20 a couple years back to show the 'religion of small town texas football' screwy.gif

and for what it's worth, I *thought* it was Southlake Carroll that played Odessa permian in the championship... but it's been a while...
spare time toys
So far so good. No troubles with the throne unsure.gif Did baseball then up the road to McKinney for a quick special olympic basket ball game. Went to double overtime clap56.gif We won smilie_pokal.gif Cam will sleep like a log tonight. yawn.gif
sean_v8_914
life knocks us down so we can learn how to get back up
GTPatrick
That's all part of having kids. You get to know the local emergency rooms rather well. If that's the worse thing that happens , you'll be lucky . Just raise them right and pray for the rest. beer.gif
Eddie Williams
pretty sure Odessa plays Plano High in a playoff game in the book. Its based on the 88 season, which is the year that Dallas Carter won the 5A state championship against Converse Judson, and later had to forfeit for an ineligiable plare. In 87 (year I graduated HS) Plano beat Houston Stratford for the 5A State Championship and but in 89 Odessa Permian beat Aldine. Our crosstown rivalry Nederland v. Port Neches-Groves(PNG), draws 25k plus. PNG v Plano State Championship 197? still holds state attendance records for a HS game 49,953 fans at Texas Stadium. They travel well! And yes HS Football is religion down here!

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Field/8...20/champ80.html
914forme
Your right it does come in threes,

Last June before vacation to Destin, two days before we leave, daughter breaks thumb hitting a homer in softball. Next day, son gets hit 3 times in one game - luckly pride was hurt more than he was. But to top the sundee off with a cherry, my car windshield got taken out by a softball, hit off the bat of some friends of ours. Luckly the Destin trip went well.

Take care of them, but you can't protect them from everything, do what you can, pray for what you can't. And hope for the best. We all get bumps brussied and broken time and again. It just makes us a little better in the end.

BTW, my mother took your third hit for the team, she just broke her wrist. wacko.gif

Take care, Stephen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.