Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Extreme Frustration - auto shipping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trevorg7
Once I bought my 914 I needed to get it shipped from Kansas to CA. I searched around and found Car-Go Auto Transporters from Arizona. I hired them thinking that was that. After some frustration in getting my car picked up, it took almost 8 weeks, I finally got the car on December 23, 2004. Unfortunately the trucker damaged the front valence when offloading the car.

Long story short - it being a day before Christmas - I found a private party and bought a valence and installed it my self in time for Christmas.

I submitted the private party receipt and pictures (before and after) to Car-Go. Now 14 months later I still have not been refunded for the repair. I contacted them 21 times in 2005 including resending the receipt and pictures multiple time with no success. I eventually turned it over to the BBB and Car-Go still fights the refund. They hide behind the broker position and the trucker is responsible.

It really is not a lot of money but the point. Car-Go Automotive Group sucks and so does Tom Dishong who is the worst representative.

Never use Car-Go Auto Transport aka Car-Go Automotive Group and
Car-Go Auto Transporters

T
ClayPerrine
Sue them. File in the county you live in, especially if the company is in another state. If they don't show, you get a summary judgement. If they do, they are out the travel expenses.

But they will probably settle to save them the hassle.
Trevorg7
damage
freezing14
I had my first experience with a car shipper and i decided to use express auto transport took 4 week from phone call to delivery 950$ from texas to upstsate NY phone number end with 0914 ,, that was the sign and i would used them again
Trevorg7
after
Trevorg7
Hey Freezing 14 - Do you know the Lammens from Brockville? Hank is an old friend of mine.

T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.