Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installation of rollbar to window seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
I installed a new window to rollbar seal (P in the pciture) a few months ago. All was fine through the winter becuase I did'nt need to roll my window down but now that its getting warmer I notced that I cannot roll my window down with the door closed.
The seal looks like it is installed correctly but is hanging up on the rubber seal.

What is usally done to fix this?

user posted image
Joe Ricard
Get the sag out of the longs?
or some kinda rubber slippery treatment.
r_towle
A pic would help...

A pic of your particular problem...

But lacking that..

There are three adjustments.

1) bottom of door, inside edge, there is an adjustment screw..that will move the top of the window in and out...
Loosen the nut, turn the screw in or out..then tighten the nut while holding the screw where you want it..

2) you can also loosen/adjust the door hinges to get more in and out movement..

3) remove rubber, the screws that hold the "chrome" piece to the car are in slotted holes...you can move that part..but you gotta take out the rubber, move it, put the rubber back in...

I would try them in the order here 1-3

Rich
brownaar
I had a similar problem after I adjusted my window. The upper part of my window was tilted inward too far and was hanging up on the seal. You may need to adjust the angle of the window.
echocanyons
No sag on this car.

The angle of the window in relationship to the car is fine, no need for adjustment there. Also the door gaps are spot on.

It sounds like the rubber seal is not supposed to have tight contact with the window and I right.

I will shoot a pic tonight, maybe I installed it wrong
echocanyons
My door seals are shot, maybe I am getting to tight of a sweal because of this?
degreeoff
I'd agree with that the seal is too tight. Remember that these cars and the technology behind them (body wise) are/were never that good, I have heard that almost all leak a little in the heaviest of rain.

Hell mine does...and my seals are new too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.