Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MidWestern 914'ers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I had to call Tweeks ( Mid America Direct) for some parts. After the order I ask for the date of the Porsche
Fun Fest. They told me it wasn't going to happen( cancelled) this year. I ask why,responce was " Not enough interest" So I cancelled the order,and called P.Parts. I figure " If they can't support us,i don't support them . THought I'd let you all know. Dave slap.gif
736conver
That sucks

I wasnt there last year but the two years before that was a good turn out. At least I thought so.

ar15.gif
ChicagoChris
I guess I am part of the problem. I lost faith in TWEEKS years ago. The parts were to expensive and the service was crap on a few occasions so I moved on. flipa.gif
Get togethers are nice but they are catering to the new "money" crowd. Us simple midwest folk just don't pay the bills.
BarberDave
trophy:

Bump
GeorgeRud
I was there a couple of years ago, and it seemed the FunFest was a great time, though very hot in central Illinois.

Tweeks started as a part time operation by two veterinary students, and now is a large business. It seems that many Porsche parts houses seem to eventually go that way. Since Porsche AG doesn't seem too interested in providing much in the way of parts anymore, I guess that we should support any vendors that still do, large or small.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Goerge:
They started in Indy. the guy that owned Mid America bought it ,and move the whole operation to Efingham Ill. I was really shocked at there responce. The first time I went was the last yr. they held it in Aug.=110
o. When they moved it to June attendence picked up. That damn field was almost full. The most Porsches I have ever seen in one place. I don,t know what they want.
Dave slap.gif
flatout
I too am disappointed.I've been going for every year since 2002 and taking a vette since 97 to his vette funfest.The Kansas City Wrenching Society is thinking about asking if they can go during the VW funfest. I quess I'll wait and see cool.gif Last year it rained so the attendance was down.
TJB/914
Hi guys/Gals

Just wanted to let everyone know our local Michigan MidWest Classic August 2006 event will not be held this year. Nothing is scheduled due to previous years leaders moving away from our local SMOG group. It takes a full year of preparation to put on an event this size & we lost our leader. sad.gif

Our SMOG guys need to re-organize for 2007.

Tom
You don't know what you miss till something is gone sad.gif (miss u Hawk)
Engman
Been there all but one year. Don't know what they expected in sales, but they always did a great job with the food and events. It WAS becoming an event more and more people attended. Shame its not going to be held.

M
GeorgeRud
I really enjoyed last years SMOG midwest classic, especially since I didn't get into the 50th PCA Parade. No Tweeks Fest or SMOG in 2006, I may have to get up to Elkhart Lake more often for my fix.
STL914
Let's all head down to Perry's place in Tenn.
robby750
Don't forget about the Bluegrass Classic, Lexington, Ky. May 13 & 14.

Get your fix there. smile.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Sorry to here about the MWC,especially since I started it in 2001. Tom, The SMOG guys have to get to geather and go for 2007. In the mean time The Blue Grass Classic
will be it in the Mid West this yr. and the Fall Folage Classic. Bummer Dave slap.gif

GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ Feb 9 2006, 11:45 AM)
Hi guys/Gals

Just wanted to let everyone know our local Michigan MidWest Classic August 2006 event will not be held this year. Nothing is scheduled due to previous years leaders moving away from our local SMOG group. It takes a full year of preparation to put on an event this size & we lost our leader. sad.gif

Our SMOG guys need to re-organize for 2007.

Tom
You don't know what you miss till something is gone sad.gif (miss u Hawk)

ohmy.gif sad.gif Bummer
seanery
Hmmm, someone should do a June or July event in IL, IA, TN, KS, WI, PA or something, huh? confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.