Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 914 body ideas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric Taylor
I know the guy who is building this and it's a pretty innovative idea. Thought you guys would like to see.

http://www.scari.org/914.8_phi-.html

Eric
porschecb
Butt ugly auto!!!!!!!! finger.gif
spare time toys
Isnt it his green one just repainted?
J P Stein
I think the word "busy" was introduced to car design to cover things like that...... a couple more words come to mind also.
SirAndy
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Feb 8 2006, 07:29 PM)
Isnt it his green one just repainted?

agree.gif looks better in whatever that new color is. the green just didn't do it for me ...

i remember he was kinda pissed because we were dissing his car here ... biggrin.gif
nooooo, that never happens! rolleyes.gif

beerchug.gif Andy
URY914
Looks like a vacuum cleaner.
db9146
Scary is right!!!
sean_v8_914
if you post your pride and joy here, you better be ready for anything. I was soo proud of my engine till someone here pointed out that thingy I forgot to install

that car is fugly. I give it an A for effort
Eric Taylor
it's not just the green one painted over. This is a separate car, and the guy working on them has 2 more he's going to do something with. It's not my taste, but I kinda view it like a subaru conversion, you can do what ever you want with the car to personalize it and make it your own. Both are dramatic alterations to the car going beyond original factory ideas in a new and original direction. Both give new and different features to the car. If it were me the only cutting I would ever do to a 914 is a set of flares. i think once it's cut it really takes away from what I love about these funny little cars, but that's just me. Anyway flame on biggrin.gif

Eric
Hammy
I like it, the grey one at least hide.gif Rear end looks a little lame though. I'd like to see it look like a 2002, or am i crazy unsure.gif
J P Stein
My God....there are 2 of em'?

THE END IS NEAR!!
grantsfo
barf.gif

Lotus Elise?
KaptKaos
That's just painful.
nbscooters
Reminds me of a square version of those toyota del sols. Now there is a piece of automotive breakthrough technology. av-943.gif
Rand
I think they are all "scari" ugly, but I guess the gray rev8 is maybe a little more tolerable then the green rev2. I respect the work he is putting into them, but they all look hacked to me.

user posted image

user posted image
914Timo
barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif

Some nice small ideas, but UGLY !!!!
Rand
Hopefully the performance is better than the looks?

This quote cracks me up: "The 914 Rankle is a road machine designed to suck on asphault." laugh.gif (from this page)
gregrobbins
Interesting.

Some things I like a lot. The nose is interesting, not too busy and looks like it would cut the air nicely. I have always liked the idea of the rear deck lid opening to the rear of the car allowing more access to the engine bay. Targa bar side scoops are an interesting solution to get more air to the motor. They are up high enought not to collect too much road trash.

The rear of the car is a little too busy for my tastes, but to each their own. Great effort. Its OK for these cars to evolve and change.

Heck, I am no longer running the factory installed oil or tires. And I am pretty sure I have not added German refined gas, ever. biggrin.gif

Isn't it fun that the 914 platform is so adaptable. Porsche started working on the 924 in 1971, so the teeners were doomed to be phased out before they had a real chance to prove themselves. Oh, sigh, ........ if the 916 had only gone into production. sad.gif
balljoint
Head on I like the nose. In profile it just looks like it was bolted on and I don't like it. I like the rear deck lid hinged idea, (although which way are we supposed to tow the car now? smile.gif ) but that is about the end of what I like about it. For these kind of serious changes IMO you need to affect the car as a whole, not just bolt stuff on front and rear. It reminds me of the club member who spotted the 914 dressed as a 904?!? and the builder was pissed that it was noticed right away.

Most cars that last 30 years have a progressive evolution from 1975 to 2005.

Kudos for the creativity and balls.

The "sucks on asphalt" line got me going the last thread brought up the green car. I think the comment was that if it sucks on asphalt it will suck on any road surface.
neo914-6
Greg and Dave, very intelligent comments!

revise / evolve "can" be a good thing...
yarin
The nose screams 80s american.

2ndly kinda reminds of the mid 90s firebirds.

Oh... and the 80s called...

they want their Louvers back

(those slotted rear window covers). rolleyes.gif

A for effort though, very different. That's a tall friggin tire on that thing! I kinda like the flat rear, a little F40 ish.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.