Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 front end
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
I'm looking for a 911 front end for a 5 lug conversion. Seller claims he has 2 front ends, one from a 72, one from a 77.

Assuming these are stock, which is the better one for a 5 lug conversion? Any differences in back-spacing? calipers? shocks?
dweymer
Probably the 77 would be better, the key is to find out the caliper spacing on the struts. 3.5" allows you to bolt on carrera rotors and calipers. Three different shocks were available, koni, bilstein, and boge(standard). Konis if adjustable would be better, I have them on my 74 911. Bilsteins come in 2 flavors, HD and sport; different valving. Hope this helps.
Jaiden

It has the latermodel ball joints and I believe the 3.5" caliper spacing but you need to verify that.

Go with the 77 but if you don't let me know since I'm looking for the same thing!!!
Carlitos Way
How do you measure the caliper spacing... for newbies? Pictures encouraged!
dweymer
measure the caliper bolt holes center to center, sorry I don't have a pic. Also, be wary of reusing the ball joints, they are usually torn up during removal, and some fatigue cracks have shown up over on the mothership.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.