Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: spark
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BatAc
Is there a way to see if you have a spark........when one is by themselves........if I crank the engine I'm in cockpit 'n' not at the engine.........trick of trade?????????
ArtechnikA
remote start switch. $10 at the FLAPS.
Mueller
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Feb 9 2006, 11:47 AM)
remote start switch. $10 at the FLAPS.

yep....actually mine cost about $4 and came from the hardware store smile.gif Just make sure you get the type of switch that is activated only when the button is held down and that it'll de-activate when released.....

on the 914, I ended wiring it in and just keep it in the engine compartment for easy access if I ever need it....
BatAc
Thanks.........let's see....it hasn't been run in a year.......but......I've jus' put in: optima battery, new Bosch starter, coil 'n' replaced the burned out petronix ignitor.........there should be spark........however, I'm at a loss as to what's up wacko.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (BatAc @ Feb 9 2006, 05:43 PM)
replaced the burned out petronix ignitor.........there should be spark...

what did you replace the Pertronix -with- ?

points? make sure your gap is 0.016" when on the high point of the cam, make sure you have a battery-points type coil (and not a CDI-type "pulse transformer") make sure you have a known-good condenser.

if you replaced it with anything else - make sure you connected it correctly; double-check that.

if it was connected wrong, even for a little while, with the ignition on, you'll probably get to replace it again...
BatAc
Just replaced the pertronix with another pertronix from Bow Wow.......but thanks for the lead to follow.....here we go 'gain
Brian Mifsud
Yes as mentioned above.. triple check the wiring before turning over. Know for SURE why it was burned out in the first place before cranking the new one..... they are expensive "fuses".. but otherwise I've had only good results with them if installed correctly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.