Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: White gauge faces..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
Anyone here using gauges with white faces? Either modified stock or something else, I notice that VDO has a couple of lines with white faces and so do AutoMeter, just wondering if someone here had any installed in there 914 and could comment on night-time illumination and post a picture or two.

Doug C
szuccaro
In the process right now of having them built - using stock gauges.....GT Performance. Can send pics when they arrive and I get them installed. Steve
70Sixter
North Hollywood Speedo http://www.nhspeedometer.com/ and and Palo Alto http://www.paspeedo.com/ do custom work.
BRAVE_HELIOS
Anybody know where I can purchase just the white overlays for the 3 gauges in the dash pod? Google has turned up mostly nothing. Thanks!
markb
Check the Member Vendor section, one of our members rebuilds gauges & can probably do just the faces.
azbill
Marks gauges -- he is in the vendors does a great job. I have several of gauges and like the products and workmanship. His prices are VERY competitive.
bugsy0
Mark at New Vintage took good care of me - honest, quality work at a reasonable price.

http://www.newvintageusa.com/bigmarkdesigngauges.html
Elliot Cannon
I went with grey on mine. Had it done at North Hollywood Speedo. The grey bezels came from "spunone" on this forum.
carr914
Elliot, those gray gauges look nice, much better than white IMHO.

The white ones remind of Miami Vice

Click to view attachment

And another vote of confidence for Mark @ New Vintage from me for the great job he did on mine.
pcar916
My 911 cab has white gauges. It had them when I bought it used and I hate 'em.

With the top down and on a bright day, they are so bright they distract you. If the sun is to your back, they blind you. Black is good for a gauge.

Good luck!
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 21 2010, 11:13 AM) *

Elliot, those gray gauges look nice, much better than white IMHO.

The white ones remind of Miami Vice

Click to view attachment

And another vote of confidence for Mark @ New Vintage from me for the great job he did on mine.

Miami Vice trivia... The Ferrari Daytona Coupe in the back ground is actually a Corvette made to look like a Ferrari. The guy that owned the shop that did these conversions was said to have been arrested and sent to jail. For... ahhh....something.
BRAVE_HELIOS
Click to view attachment
Well, I like my white gauges, especially after I modified the tach (the others will follow) with Mark's great idea of adding LED strips to the inside of the gauge tub. Just check out the difference between a stock gauge with blue led bulbs and the modified tach with the led strip. Incredible! w00t.gif I was even thinking about going all USA with red, white and blue led's strips... hmm maybe? flag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.