Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bouncy Headlights..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
I drove the 914/6 last night for the first time after dark, well more than I have so far anyway. I noticed that the headlights are dancing around pretty good, especially when I hit a bump in the road. I haven't actually checked to see if everything is tight but will later today. My suspension is stock 911T with a frnt swaybar. What should I check first?

Doug C
SLITS
A bra?
SLITS
Check the position of the stop screws....and the bushing on the activator mechanism.
SirAndy
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 9 2006, 02:45 PM)
Check the position of the stop screws....

agree.gif there's a stop-screw ...

here's how it works, losen retaining nut on the stop screw, turn the stop screw all the way out, pop the headlights up, screw stop-screw back in until it just barely hits the stop at the headlight. try to wiggle the light and see if it is tight, clamp down with the retaining nut ...

don't force the stop-screw against the headlight stop as this will put stress on your headlight motor.

smash.gif Andy
DougC
Great, rocking nana.gif thanks for the advice guys, I'll give it a try in a little bit.

Doug C
SLITS
Hmmmm, we're getting droll....nobody liked the bra idea...... sad.gif
DougC
boldblue.gif boldblue.gif

I'm glad you find my difficulties so amusing!

Doug C
redshift
He thinks everything is amusing...

HE'S JUST GLAD TO BE HERE!

M
goose2
Hmmmm, we're getting droll....nobody liked the bra idea......

that would be a sports bra?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.