Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Riding to End AIDS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Markeydoo
I'm bicycling in AIDS/LifeCycle.
It's a 7-day, 585-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to make a world of difference in the lives of people living with HIV and AIDS.

Any amount will help. If you would like to send a check directly to me please PM me and I can send you my information.

Thanks for your support. This will be my first year on the ride

Mark

Donate by clicking the link below

http://www.aidslifecycle.org/6516
TurtleGirl
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Wow! What a great thing to do! LuckieO (Lauren) and Series9 (Joe O) are planning on doing the MS150 aain this year.

Donation sent.
Drink lots of water!

Markeydoo
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
Markeydoo
Bump

Thanks
Sparky
Awesome!! Stay away from water though, go for Gatorade. I've done 3 of the Boston-New York Aids Rides and am planning on doing it again this year. How many miles a day are you up to? I felt the most comfortable once I got up to about 80 miles a day 4 days a week. It's tough to work that amount of training in but as long as you can do a couple of sets of 20 miles in a row then you should be fine. I found that as I trained I would pick either a Saturady or Sunday and head out on a planned route. The wife would be stopped every 17-20 miles with a couple of bottles of Gatorade and some apples and stuff. I figured as long as I could string several of those together I was good. It got to the point I could do 125+ on a Saturday easily.

Good luck!!
My best,
Mike D.
SirAndy
didn't fiid do this last year?

if i knew you any better i would have posted a stupid joke that i had in mind, but i actually seriously think that's a damm noble thing you're doing there ...
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
Markeydoo
Thanks for the words of wisdom. This will be my first AIDS/Lifecycle ride. As of 2 weeks ago I am up to 50 miles with hills. Talking to the trainer we should be up to 100+ miles well before the ride date.

The hard part of course is raising the money. I'm sure that with the support of the 914club members it will help get me there.

I want to thank EVERY ONE for there support.

Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.