Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injector Rubber Elbow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nola914
I'm looking for a source for the fuel injector rubber elbow that goes between the injector and the fuel rail. AA has them for about $14 each ( which seems high) , and I found a company in Maine (Foreign Intrigue) that has them for $3. They don't show up on PP's site or GPI's, or any of the other big parts sites. Anybody have a suggestion?

Also, I think I read somewhere that I shouldn't use regular screw clamps on the fuel injection hose connections. What type of clamp should be used?

Thanks.

David
Mueller
I think I paid 9 bucks each last time I bought them from HPH in redwood city, a few years ago so prices might have gone up....AA is sorta known for having higher prices, but if they got the parts you need, you got to pay....

$3 seems too cheap, but then again it;s just a 3" piece of hose that is pre-bent, maybe they are using a part from another make of car.....

use Fuel Injection clamps, sold at the dealer or your Porsche parts store....local auto places should have them as well, just make sure they are for fuel injection and properly sized for the hose....
nola914
I jjust checked High Performance's site and they don't list them either. I guess I have to call a few places and see who might have them in stock.

Thanks....David
Gint
I'd just pick up the phone and call Rich. Toll free, nothing to lose.
qa1142
I used high pressure hose
Rand
I just used pieces of FI hose, no special elbows. Maybe it's not by the book, but has worked fine for me.

jimtab
QUOTE (Rand @ Feb 10 2006, 09:41 PM)
I just used pieces of FI hose, no special elbows. Maybe it's not by the book, but has worked fine for me.

agree.gif me too, and the injectors are still working very well Cap'n
nola914
I was replacing the elbows because one of the old ones was a piece of straight hose and it was kinked almost shut. Didn't look good. But I didn't realise that they would be scarce, or at least hard to find.

....David
anthony
I thought that the bent host was crimped on to the fuel injector itself and not really a separate part?
nbscooters
QUOTE (jimtab @ Feb 10 2006, 11:53 PM)
QUOTE (Rand @ Feb 10 2006, 09:41 PM)

agree.gif me too, and the injectors are still working very well Cap'n

This goes for me too. I don't have a problem with my injectors and the standard FI hose.

If you have any problems taking off the original fuel injector elbow, take the metal clamp piece to a grinder and trim off one side of the metal and it should come apart easily. I hope I explained it to your understanding.
Mueller
QUOTE (nola914 @ Feb 11 2006, 07:51 PM)
I was replacing the elbows because one of the old ones was a piece of straight hose and it was kinked almost shut. Didn't look good. But I didn't realise that they would be scarce, or at least hard to find.

....David

not that hard to find, you've listed a few places and have been told of other places to buy them wacko.gif

just 'cause a shop does not show them on thier website, it does not mean they don't or cannot get them....

even if you pay the $14 each for them, what's the big deal? These should last you another 10 years or more......
Rand
QUOTE (nola914 @ Feb 11 2006, 06:51 PM)

....David

How long are the kinked pieces? Is there room behind the fuel rail? Do you have a pic?

If the length is right there should be no problem with kinking.
Mueller
QUOTE (Rand @ Feb 12 2006, 09:59 AM)
If the length is right there should be no problem with kinking.

the hoses are bent for a reason huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.